Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple iPad as DSLR Ground Glass  (Read 12041 times)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Apple iPad as DSLR Ground Glass
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 08:08:17 pm »

Quote from: michael
This is a consumer device, not a pro device. Let's get over it.
Devices are not professional, users are.
Anything that is useful to professional in his work is a good thing and does not have to be labeled professional to qualify.
I have bought equipment that was supposedly not professional as it was better for my professional needs than the far more expensive 'pro' kit.

Having said that I think the iPad, which along with the iMac sounds like something you buy at the chemist/pharmacy women's section, is not something I'll bother with.
It'd be almost interesting at half the price.

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 08:20:48 pm »

Quote from: pschefz
how big is that netbook? screen size? weight? how many apps are available? i am sure there is something like the itunes store on it? with TV shows, music, movies, apps and now books? i am sure it is multitouch and syncs calenders, bookmarks, contacts,...with my mbp, iphone and mac.com.....i am sure it starts up in a second or 2....

the iphone can do most things a netbook can do...with more apps...and more portable....oh and it has a camera...with video...and editing.....
You're comparing a device that can run Window/Linux and probably be a Hackintosh too and all the vast number of programmes that that entails, as well as say store all you've data captured on location to an iPhone and thinking the iPhone even compares. It's a phone with a crappy camera and lot of useful apps, but not in any way in the same league or price as a netbook, which can do so much more as Netbooks can run Applications, not just cut down apps. In case you hadn't realised a netbook is just a marketing name for a small laptop.

iTunes actually runs on netbooks, laptops, desktops too by the way and not just ones running OSX.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

BJL

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 10:15:23 pm »

Quote from: mcbroomf
"it has a bigger screen, twice the battery life, all sorts of needed connectors including an HDMI connection, camera, multi-tasking and more.
And it is supposed to come out at $350."
The 12" Linux-based JooJoo (formerly CrunchBook) is now set to be released at $499 after early talk of $300, so that $350 sounds very optimistic: good, big touch screens do not come do cheaply ... yet. I am sure there will soon be plenty of "slate" options for the OP's goal of external viewing. (By "slate" meaning touchscreen only, as opposed to bulkier, more expensive tablets with twist screens and keyboards.)

What sort of OS is better for a device with only a touch screen (and maybe a camera) for input, and a screen too small for a PC desktop layout with multiple windows to be convenient?
An established PC OS with lots of apps that are based on mouse/keyboard/PC desktop model, or a cut-down "smart phone" OS with fewer apps, but with the OS and all apps designed for touch input and a small screen? For a slate, is it easier to up-grade a phone OS and apps, or downsize a PC OS and apps?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up