Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raw files in Photoshop  (Read 1408 times)

Robert Spoecker

Raw files in Photoshop
« on: January 27, 2010, 12:41:34 pm »

When I first bought my Canon 5DII I was running Photoshop CS3 on my MacBook Pro and could not  load raw (CR2) files into it so I upgraded from CS3 to CS4.

Now I just bought a Mini Mac running Snow Leopard so I thought I would first deactivate CS4 and reactivate it on my new Mini Mac. I could not make this work as it seemed to work but I could still use CS4 as normal.

Next I tried uploading an old  copy of CS3 from disk to the Mini Mac but I thought I then could not use Canon raw files on the Mini Mac. Much to my surprise CS3 worked well with Canon raw files on the Snow Leopard operating system.

Did Snow Leopard do something to make this happen or what?

I also tried it with raw files from an Olympus Pen E-P1 on the Mini Mac using CS3
which did not work but it does work on CS4 on my notebook.

What's going on here?

Robert

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Raw files in Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:42:52 pm »

Quote from: Robert Spoecker
What's going on here?

You are prolly not paying attention to the fact a fresh install from a DVD will NOT have the most recent version of Camera Raw for that version of Photoshop. Pretty sure CS3 came with ACR 4.0 and CS4 came with 5.0. So, either version of Photoshop would need to be installed and then have the Camera Raw version updated.

BTW, you DO know you can take 5D M2 files and convert to DNG and open them in ACR 4.6 hosted in Photoshop CS3 right?

Also note that the Photoshop EULA allows you two activations right? So, you could active both on laptop as well as the Mini...
Pages: [1]   Go Up