Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Try this one for starters  (Read 1271 times)

Mondragon

Try this one for starters
« on: January 26, 2010, 01:02:01 pm »

I am attempting to increase DOF for multiple large images i.e. several gigs each with X64 CS4. I load images into the stack then auto align and auto blend. The auto align portion works well and completes but the auto blend starts.........but never completes the task. I do run out of ram but my PS scratch disk never turns on as it does for all other situations where VM is needed. The only solution seems to be reduce the file size or resolution but that defeats the purpose for my application. CS4 performance preferences does not make any difference either. This particular machine has 16gb ram and a 12 drive raid 0 for PS scratch drive. Its a quite fast array but as I say it never turns on for auto blend? I talked to Adobe but they don't have a clue saying "most people don't have files that size"

Any ideas?

Much thanks

Carl

www.mondragonfineart.com

DarkPenguin

Try this one for starters
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 01:07:06 pm »

Quote from: Mondragon
I am attempting to increase DOF for multiple large images i.e. several gigs each with X64 CS4. I load images into the stack then auto align and auto blend. The auto align portion works well and completes but the auto blend starts.........but never completes the task. I do run out of ram but my PS scratch disk never turns on as it does for all other situations where VM is needed. The only solution seems to be reduce the file size or resolution but that defeats the purpose for my application. CS4 performance preferences does not make any difference either. This particular machine has 16gb ram and a 12 drive raid 0 for PS scratch drive. Its a quite fast array but as I say it never turns on for auto blend? I talked to Adobe but they don't have a clue saying "most people don't have files that size"

Any ideas?

Much thanks

Carl

www.mondragonfineart.com

Try cropping the excess from the auto align.  Then throw out any history.  If that doesn't work try dropping the files to 8 bit.  Both reduce memory usage.

Edit: Note that I was having the same issue you're having but under Vista 32.  I was trying to join 16 40D images.  Ran out of memory every time.  That's what fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:09:33 pm by DarkPenguin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up