Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pictures folder Lightroom file question  (Read 1549 times)

billh

Pictures folder Lightroom file question
« on: January 25, 2010, 11:55:27 am »

In my Pictures folder (the one with the camera Icon, Users/billhollinger/Pictures/Lightroom) there is a Lightroom folder, and in it is a file named: Lightroom 2 Catalog Previews.Irdata Dec 31, 2009 (probably the last time I used Lightroom) 34.44 GB. I would love to free up this much room on my HD. If I copy this file to an outboard RAID drive, or another internal HG and trash it from the main HD, will Lightroom still work? What do I lose?

Thanks!

Bill

francois

Pictures folder Lightroom file question
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 12:10:44 pm »

Quote from: billh
In my Pictures folder (the one with the camera Icon, Users/billhollinger/Pictures/Lightroom) there is a Lightroom folder, and in it is a file named: Lightroom 2 Catalog Previews.Irdata Dec 31, 2009 (probably the last time I used Lightroom) 34.44 GB. I would love to free up this much room on my HD. If I copy this file to an outboard RAID drive, or another internal HG and trash it from the main HD, will Lightroom still work? What do I lose?

Thanks!

Bill
The Lightroom 2 Catalog Previews.lrdata file is usually stored alongside with the Lightroom 2 Catalog.lrcat. You'll need to move both the Lightroom 2 Catalog Previews.lrdata and the Lightroom 2 Catalog.lrcat files to another drive. Deleting the Lightroom 2 Catalog Previews.lrdata file (or moving it to another drive) will accomplish nothing but Lightroom will recreate it and redo the rendering which will take time.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:12:35 pm by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up