Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2nd Hand Values, Any ideas?  (Read 4391 times)

Lawrie_Hope

• Peartreephoto
2nd Hand Values, Any ideas?
« on: January 25, 2010, 11:02:34 am »

Hi Guys,

We have a client who is trading in a Hasselblad H2D-39 system with 3 lenses which he wants to upgrade to a DF/Schneider/Aptus II 7 or 10. I obviously want to give this guy the best return I can on his initial investment, the Hasselblad lenses are not an issue, they will sell well, I am confident of that, but I have no idea whether to split the body and back or sell it as a body/back combination. Your thoughts and ideally some valuation would be greatly appreciated, and if I've posted outside the rules of the forum, my apologies in advance.

keep the faith!
Lawrie Hope
London, UK
Peartree

http://www.peartreephotoshop.co.uk

Cfranson

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:40:01 pm »

The H2D was sold as a body & back combination, not as separate components. One isn't terribly useful without the other unless you happen to find someone who has the other half of the pair.

Lawrie_Hope

• Peartreephoto
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 04:31:13 am »

"The H2D was sold as a body & back combination, not as separate components. One isn't terribly useful without the other unless you happen to find someone who has the other half of the pair."

Thank you Chris, most helpful, got another question for you, can the back be atached to large format camera system (via adaptor plate) without being tethered? Does this back take it's power from the Camera body, or is there an external battery option?

Thank you in anticipation
Lawrie Hope
London, UK
Peartree

ixpressraf

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 04:53:51 am »

About the selling price: i have a ~H3dII-39 body+back+battery+charger,  23500 shots taken and can't get it sold for 7000 euro, so a H2d-39, is two generations older will be much less i suppose. It seems that ever since hasselblad lowered the prices on the 31Mp, second hand became almost worthless.

julius0377

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 05:05:12 am »

Quote from: Darius_Gelich
Thank you Chris, most helpful, got another question for you, can the back be atached to large format camera system (via adaptor plate) without being tethered? Does this back take it's power from the Camera body, or is there an external battery option?
The back need sync sockets for use on a LF camera system, and I believe the H2D-39 combination did not have this, so no... (There where some H2+CFH-39 combinations sold, they look identical as the H2D-39 systems except they have some sync contacts with rubber lids over them, they can be used on LF cameras).

It it's the version that can be used on LF, you need to power the back from a computer or imagebank.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 06:02:35 am »

Quote from: ixpressraf
About the selling price: i have a ~H3dII-39 body+back+battery+charger,  23500 shots taken and can't get it sold for 7000 euro, so a H2d-39, is two generations older will be much less i suppose. It seems that ever since hasselblad lowered the prices on the 31Mp, second hand became almost worthless.

That is a serious problem which obviously will hinder future new sales as well. Actually for me it already does. due to the inability to sell one of my CF backs I am currently not willing to upgrade another back to the new H4. It seems there is hardly any interest in second hand MF equipment. WTF do I need 4 or more MF backs for? (I know you even have a lot more of these things)

Adrian Roy

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 08:13:16 am »

Hi Guys,

We have a client who is trading in a Hasselblad H2D-39 system with 3 lenses which he wants to upgrade to a DF/Schneider/Aptus II 7 or 10. I obviously want to give this guy the best return I can on his initial investment, the Hasselblad lenses are not an issue, they will sell well, I am confident of that, but I have no idea whether to split the body and back or sell it as a body/back combination. Your thoughts and ideally some valuation would be greatly appreciated, and if I've posted outside the rules of the forum, my apologies in advance.

keep the faith!

Darius,

You should give the procentre a call, they are not a million miles away from you. Here's the link to the 2nd hand section. http://www.procentre.co.uk/secondhand_Equipment.html

Best adrian.

Cfranson

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 08:32:59 am »

Thank you in anticipation
The back is powered by the grip in the body. To work untethered with a view camera, it is necessary to connect the back to an Imagebank.

Lawrie_Hope

• Peartreephoto
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 11:37:01 am »

"Darius,

You should give the procentre a call, they are not a million miles away from you. Here's the link to the 2nd hand section. http://www.procentre.co.uk/secondhand_Equipment.html

Best adrian."

Thank you Adrian, they do indeed have a H3D-39 for £8750,  so I guess that values his H2D-39 at around 4-5 grand, if he's lucky! That's one hell of a dump. Poor poor guy, think I am going to have be very gentle with him. Guess these H2D users are the one's to really suffer from Hasselblad's huge price reductions on the H3D.

So thank you to everyone else that's also posted, greatly appreciated. I am off to give this guy the good(?) news. . . and a cuddle, he's gonna need it!
Lawrie Hope
London, UK
Peartree

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 10:29:12 pm »

The MF DB secondhand market is f""ed".

A  Sinar Hy6/75LV eMotion was for sale at eBay a while ago for around $9.000 USD

2 Years ago in Sydney that combo would have cost you close to $50K Aussie

Great for buyers,bad for sellers,unless you have a large turnover and write off your gear in 2 years.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

marc gerritsen

• http://www.marcgerritsen.com
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 03:37:37 am »

bought my H2D39 about 4 years ago for about $30.000
3 years ago I send it back to Hasselblad to get it upgraded to an H3D39
I think if i want to sell it now I would probably get 3-5 k for it, as it has many battle scars
lots of little scratches and paint worn of where you hold it, but luckily never got dropped
Would lose more money then any car i have ever owned
but certainly made more money then I ever expected and would not blink to do it again
so indeed if you are planning on having turn-over, buy the best you can!

waiting patiently for the nikon D4x

aaron

• http://
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 06:11:14 am »

If you think second hand mfd prices are bad now, wait a couple of months and see what Pentax do to them.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 07:07:49 am »

Quote from: aaron
If you think second hand mfd prices are bad now, wait a couple of months and see what Pentax do to them.

Yeah! Maybe they will give you money when you are kind enough to buy a second hand MFDB from someone...

BobDavid

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 08:35:25 am »

Unless you're making money with high-end equipment, don't buy it in the first place. My H2F and CF39 MS combo are probably worth a fraction of what I paid for them. However, I've made money with this equipment and it continues to take superb photos. I'll use this system until I beat it into the ground. I purchased this equipment with the thought that I'd be using it for at least five or six years.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 08:44:52 am »

Same here, same equipment. I will be using it until it falls apart from old age. No use in practically giving it away to someone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up