Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foggy Landscape  (Read 1333 times)

Etienne Cassar

Foggy Landscape
« on: January 24, 2010, 04:09:06 am »

This was taken March last year early in the morning.  I was on holiday over in Cambridge and as soon as I woke up and noticed how foggy it was I was really disappointed thinking that the day would have been ruined.  I decided to head to this place just the same and try to make the most out of it.  What do you think?
Etienne

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Foggy Landscape
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:32:25 pm »

I would be personally more attracted to the middle ground, i.e. the trees across the river/pond, with their nice misty silhouettes. I find the foreground branches and trunks too busy and distracting. If I were to include the foreground, I would look to isolate one or two elements only.

walter.sk

Foggy Landscape
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:05:07 am »

Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic
I would be personally more attracted to the middle ground, i.e. the trees across the river/pond, with their nice misty silhouettes. I find the foreground branches and trunks too busy and distracting. If I were to include the foreground, I would look to isolate one or two elements only.
I agree with Slobodan.  The low contrast, gradual increase of fog from mid ground to background and the mist around the trees is the charm and interest of the image.  The black details of the trees and items in the foreground serve to break the mood of the rest of the image.  Sometimes it is not necessary to include something in the foreground.

Etienne Cassar

Foggy Landscape
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 01:56:46 pm »

Thanks for your replies.  This kind of feedback is exactly what I am after.  I am no pro and still have a lot to learn.  I agree that the middle ground is the main subject of the shot and in fact I can remember quite well that it was exactly what grabbed my attention when I was there.  
I have another picture taken on the same day without much foreground.  What do you think about this one?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:25:56 am by Etienne Cassar »
Pages: [1]   Go Up