Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a Paper for my Epson 3800  (Read 1836 times)

flbrit

Need a Paper for my Epson 3800
« on: January 22, 2010, 11:09:01 pm »

My Wifes friend is quite an Artist (Painter, mainly watercolor and acrylic) and she wants me to do more copy work and printing for her following an experiment with me photographing her work and printing on Epson Velvet.

What good papers are out there that approach the 'rough' paper texture of say that used by itaglio printing. Canvas is not an option as this is more like oil painting.

I am looking for comercial paper with ICC profiles for my printer. If this looks promising, I will use my wifes stock itaglio papers and buy a profiling system later.

Thanks in advance for any help

Brian
Brian

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 12:10:10 am »

Quote from: flbrit
My Wifes friend is quite an Artist (Painter, mainly watercolor and acrylic) and she wants me to do more copy work and printing for her following an experiment with me photographing her work and printing on Epson Velvet.

What good papers are out there that approach the 'rough' paper texture of say that used by itaglio printing. Canvas is not an option as this is more like oil painting.

I am looking for comercial paper with ICC profiles for my printer. If this looks promising, I will use my wifes stock itaglio papers and buy a profiling system later.

Brian

There are several. Check out my inkjet paper database and filter on the Texture column to Heavy. It'll give you a list of papers that I've done test prints on that I consider very, very, heavily textured. Epson, Canson, Hahnemuhle, Lumijet, and Bergger all make crazy textured paper.
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 08:17:23 am »

Brian
Two papers that I use that may be what you are looking for:  Hahnemuhle William Turner and Museo Textured Rag.  Both have a heavy texture and profiles available for most printers.  My current preference is the Museo paper.  Hope this helps.

Peter Mellis

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 04:31:01 pm »

Take a look at Epson's Radiant White Watercolor. If it works for you, it has the added advantage of being fairly inexpensive.

flbrit

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 04:06:42 pm »

Thanks Guys - She went for Hahnemuhle William Turner.
Brian

Robert Moore

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 08:12:19 am »

Thanks Guys - She went for Hahnemuhle William Turner.

Hahnemuhle German Etching is very similar just a bit different in tone....yellow / white appearance.

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up