Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portrait  (Read 1436 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Portrait
« on: January 22, 2010, 10:35:23 pm »

Taken this morning whilst we were out for breakfast - Canon EOS 1DS MK3 w/ 85mm F1.2L @ F5.6 - Post Process Lightroom 2.6 & Imagnomic Portraiture Plug-in.

[attachment=19656:_74X1467_Edit2010.jpg]

Thoughts and comments welcome as always.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Ed Blagden

Portrait
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 05:55:55 am »

Josh

Nice portrait, well lit and a very relaxed and free subject.  Personally I find that portraits of my own children are often better than those of subjects who I don't know so well - I guess it is because you already have the intimacy and trust.

I'm not so sure about the post processing.  The image almost looks too perfect, almost like a wax work; I think what may be missing is texture in the skin.

Ed

francois

Portrait
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 12:08:51 pm »

It's a very nice image but I agree with Ed's comment, the skin is almost too perfect! Or I'm simply jealous  
Francois

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
Portrait
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:04:10 am »

Very nice... If I can add a suggestion, I would try to clone out the stain on the wall near the boy's front, and make the photograph perfect.

alangubbay

Portrait
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 08:33:06 am »

I do not see quite enough detail in the hair on top of the head.  However, it is difficult judgment on my display.  I love the colour balance, skin tones and handling of the eyes.  I agree about the stain on the wall and perhaps I would blur the verical stripes in the wall much more.  None of this takes away the feeling of a most enjoyable picture.  Well done!
Pages: [1]   Go Up