Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3800 Printing Problem  (Read 1335 times)

BradSmith

3800 Printing Problem
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:40:51 pm »

I've either got a printer or driver problem or I'm having a Senior Moment.   I usually print Luster on my 3800 with no problems.  I want to print to a matte paper that calls for Ultrasmooth Fine Art as the media type in the driver (Moab Kayenta....want to try it for the first time).  I've installed the rear manual feeder, and as the instructions say, loaded one sheet, it grabbed it, pulled it into the start position and I got the Ready Message and Matte Black on the printer's LCD.   I then go to print it (either in Photoshop or Lightroom), and when I go to printer settings, Sheet Feeder is selected (I assume it should show Rear Manual Feeder???) and it won't let me select any of the Fine Art media types - they're all grayed out.  I'm stuck with any of the media types that support the Sheet Feeder.   Is the printer supposed to sense that the rear manual feeder has been installed, and then make those media type settings available in the driver????  I've selected the correct Moab Kayenta profile also.  

I've printed other Matte Papers that use Matte Paper media type before from the regular sheet feeder with no problems.  

As often happens, I'm befuddled!

Any help would be appreciated.

Brad

BradSmith

3800 Printing Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 01:02:46 pm »

It was a Senior Moment.  I forgot that you choose Rear Feeder in Page Setup>Paper Size.    All is well  (except with my memory)

Quote from: skeedracer
I've either got a printer or driver problem or I'm having a Senior Moment.   I usually print Luster on my 3800 with no problems.  I want to print to a matte paper that calls for Ultrasmooth Fine Art as the media type in the driver (Moab Kayenta....want to try it for the first time).  I've installed the rear manual feeder, and as the instructions say, loaded one sheet, it grabbed it, pulled it into the start position and I got the Ready Message and Matte Black on the printer's LCD.   I then go to print it (either in Photoshop or Lightroom), and when I go to printer settings, Sheet Feeder is selected (I assume it should show Rear Manual Feeder???) and it won't let me select any of the Fine Art media types - they're all grayed out.  I'm stuck with any of the media types that support the Sheet Feeder.   Is the printer supposed to sense that the rear manual feeder has been installed, and then make those media type settings available in the driver????  I've selected the correct Moab Kayenta profile also.  

I've printed other Matte Papers that use Matte Paper media type before from the regular sheet feeder with no problems.  

As often happens, I'm befuddled!

Any help would be appreciated.

Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up