Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H Series Extension Tubes - Questions  (Read 3139 times)

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
H Series Extension Tubes - Questions
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:33:14 pm »

Can anyone tell me how much closer the various Hasselblad H Series Extension Tubes will allow me to focus? There's a 13mm, 26mm and a 52mm. Also, how is the focal length affected? Finally, what's the difference between the extension tube and the teleconverter? I'm planning on using it with my 50mm with my Aptus 22 back.

Thanks, John

vandevanterSH

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 11:20:05 pm »

Quote from: Juanito
Can anyone tell me how much closer the various Hasselblad H Series Extension Tubes will allow me to focus? There's a 13mm, 26mm and a 52mm. Also, how is the focal length affected? Finally, what's the difference between the extension tube and the teleconverter? I'm planning on using it with my 50mm with my Aptus 22 back.

Thanks, John

Go here and download the PDF for H system and close up photography:

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/downloads/tec...nformation.aspx

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 12:56:08 am »

Thanks for the link. Lots of numbers. Anyone have any real world experience working with either the 13mm or 26mm?

John

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 04:20:51 am »

I use them often.

An extention tube allows you closer focus, no alteration of focal distance (to speak of). A converter will change your focal length, in the case of the 1.7 it will make it 1.7 times longer. You will also loose speed with a converter. They are both 2 different tools.

About the tubes. The longer the tube (or even combination of tubes) the closer you can focus. My most used tube is the 13mm, I would even like a smaller one like 8mm or so. It is all depending on what you want to shoot. Most people probably have most use for the 13mm. The data you got from the Hasselblad site gives you the exact distances with each lens/tube combination.

Pages: [1]   Go Up