Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DxO 5.3.7 (Mac) and Lightroom Integration- ??  (Read 5476 times)

Ranger Rick

DxO 5.3.7 (Mac) and Lightroom Integration- ??
« on: January 21, 2010, 08:18:36 pm »

I purchased DxO for the Mac recently, and thought there was advertised an integration with Lightroom.  The Mac version isn't yet available in v. 6.

The pdf about the subject, which seems to be focused on v.6 for Windows (doesn't seem to be a previous version available on website), shows several ways of integration-  the first is to process in DxO and then import the TIFF (or whatever) into LR2- I see nothing "integrative" about that, as any raw converter can do that.  

The second option, make DxO an "Edit With" option you can choose from within LR2, is supposed to be able to send the original raw file (as I understand it) over to DxO without any LR2 adjustments you may have made.  This would be a decent option, but it doesn't work, and apparently DxO agrees.

I'd be interested in knowing if any DxO users, especially Mac, have figured out how DxO 5 integrates with LR2.  I much prefer using LR2 to make my decisions as to which images I want to keep and which of those I then want to further process, first doing the raw conversion of those in DxO and then having the resulting TIFF sent back to LR2 to be stacked with the raw file and the TIFF further processed in LR2 and/or CS4.

Thanks!

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 03:28:56 pm »

Quote from: Ranger Rick
and then having the resulting TIFF sent back to LR2
most DxO / LR users will generate linear DNG from DxO to be processed by LR, not TIFF - you should ask this question on DxO forums there are more than one user who uses both tools combined

Ranger Rick

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 10:47:07 pm »

Quote from: deja
most DxO / LR users will generate linear DNG from DxO to be processed by LR, not TIFF - you should ask this question on DxO forums there are more than one user who uses both tools combined

Well, I just learned from DxO support that if you change the file name in any way when importing from the camera card (as in Lightroom, Photo Mechanic, whatever), you cannot export an image from Lightroom to DxO- it will not be able to find the original file if it is changed from the name the camera gave it on capture.  This is not useful, as far as I am concerned: you have to keep the meaningless camera-generated name rather than changing it to something useful/recognizable.

What DxO forum(s) do you find useful/suggest could provide suggestions?

Thanks

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 10:11:07 pm »

Quote from: Ranger Rick
What DxO forum(s) do you find useful/suggest could provide suggestions?

Thanks

the official one - http://forum.dxo.com

Steven Draper

• http://www.stevendraperphotography.com
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 09:05:53 am »

I cannot comment on DNG's but my workflow has master files which are TIFF's converted from the NEF's in Capture NX 2.

I open these in DXO as a copy with light room edits (no edits applied in LR though) fiddle and then save. As NX2 provides lens corrections I tend to use DXO for complex perspective tweaks only. I have a colour issue if the TIFF has Pro Photo embedded.

Mac 10.5 and LR2 and DXO 5

Steven
image examples are at my website  [url=h

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 09:41:19 am »

Quote from: deja

Which is no longer Raw data (I’d ask the DxO people if they would better explain this). The bottom line is, if you want to work with this product and many others, you have to render out the data. Rendering means its no longer Raw, non demosic data. Processing linear DNG data in ACR or LR is far from the same as processing the Raw data in each product (the toothpaste is out of the tube).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up