Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alaska Travels  (Read 3845 times)

Lee Carney

• www.leecarney.com
Alaska Travels
« on: September 22, 2002, 11:21:00 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Thank you for the positive review, Hank.  I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

I didn't mention it in the article, but one of the bigger challenges we faced was the lack of information targeted at photographers.  The 'net is full of information aimed at "regular" tourists, and what photographic information that exists is about the most popular destinations (ie Denali).  

Having been there once, we are now better able to plan a trip that will increase the opportunities to make great photographs.  But as you point out, in Alasaka the "lemon squeezer" will always be just as important as a tripod!

Lee[/font]

Hank

Alaska Travels
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 02:41:52 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I started this thread because I wanted to draw more attention to Lee and Steve Kossack's article on their travels here in Alaska (http://www.leecarney.com/Alaska.htm).  In keeping with the spirit of objectivity and relevance inherent in Luminous Landscape, their article is outstanding.  

Alaska is rife with possibilities, both in locations about which you have heard and many more that remain anonymous, but they can be challenging to access, much less photograph.  Lee and Steve encountered the best and worst of conditions, and in this article demonstrated their abililities to "make lemonade from lemons" in their adaptability to challenges both in logisitics and subject matter.  

With your positive outlooks you clearly have the spirit required to live and work here.  On your next trip the weather might be perfect, but nonetheless, pack your lemon squeezer.

Hank[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up