Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's problem of P45H and i7 and windows7 (32bit)  (Read 7017 times)

chiek

• chiek imaging
What's problem of P45H and i7 and windows7 (32bit)
« on: January 20, 2010, 05:26:24 am »

What' problems?
my P45H thetered by macbook or any mac, capture well.

This PC (i7 and windows7 PC) thetered capture well in P25 contax.

but When thetered P45H, It does not recognized by device manager.

I've tried 2x another 1394 card, but same not recognized.

this system recognize P25c, but can't P45H.
It's so strange. Why???

CPU : i7-920 2.67ghz
VGA : nvidia geforce GTS 250 x 2
motherboard : asrock X58
RAM : 4GB

chiek imaging, in Seoul, SOUTH-KOREA.
Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFv-50c medium format and a7R systems
major job is products shot, especially for electronic products.
but interested in Landscapes and Portraits, Still-life.
my hobby is Designing camera…
www.chiek.co.kr

Rick_Allen

• http://www.rapdigital.net
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:18:16 am »

What C1 version you running 3.7.9 or later?
Rick Allen
[url=http://www.rapdigital.ne

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 08:25:40 am »

Quote from: Rick_Allen
What C1 version you running 3.7.9 or later?

the Newest version 5.0.1 or 5.0.2.
each computer doesn't recognize p45... but can accept P25c ... Why???????
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:31:26 am by chiek »
www.chiek.co.kr

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 10:55:50 am »

Probably either FireWire voltage isues (in which case get a powered FireWire hub - we sell one that we have tested in a variety of setups or use battery power in menu-configuration-powersource) or the firmware of your p45 is not recent enough. Either way you should contact your dealer and they will help you figure it out (e.g. Getting you recent firmware for free).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:57:54 am by dougpetersonci »

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 04:53:19 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Probably either FireWire voltage isues (in which case get a powered FireWire hub - we sell one that we have tested in a variety of setups or use battery power in menu-configuration-powersource) or the firmware of your p45 is not recent enough. Either way you should contact your dealer and they will help you figure it out (e.g. Getting you recent firmware for free).

I've tested 10m, 4.5m original, even 1m firewire cable. but don't recognize.
and P45 set powersource to battery power but can't.

and my P45 firmware is 2.5 (newest version). phaseone website supply 2.3.6.

I've tried as all the way as I can.... but...

I never failed with mac system... but now, I'm too confused this problem...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:00:06 pm by chiek »
www.chiek.co.kr

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 08:23:52 pm »

I'm test another P45+ H mounts. 100% recognizing any cables (10m, 4.5m...).

so my P45H is wrong??? in mac, 100% pefect working.

Phase one supply firmware 2.3.6 but mine is 2.5.

I guess because of firmware problems....?

How can I firmware downgrade ? (2.5 -> 2.3.6)
www.chiek.co.kr

Doug Peterson

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 11:23:49 pm »

Phase One Support let me know the issue. Sorry for leading you down the wrong path.

The P21, P30, P45 require a little fix to work in the versions of windows made after the release of those backs.

Windows 7

Windows Vista

Windows XP

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:39:35 am by dougpetersonci »

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 10:13:45 am »

Thanks doug, You're the best !!!
I will try it and post later.

Best,
JK
www.chiek.co.kr

Doug Peterson

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 10:16:59 am »

Quote from: chiek
Thanks doug, You're the best !!!

Phase One support should get credit for this. But I'm glad I could channel their advice.

In the future you can always contact them directly or, preferably, contact your local dealer.

Doug

Doug Peterson
Personal Work

MarkSykes

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 07:40:40 am »

Hi

Many thanks to those who replied, unfortunately my problem still continues so herewith a little more information and developments:

Hardware & software: New PC running Windows 7 64-bit, i17 920 2.16 gHz quad-core, 6gb triple channel RAM, PhaseOne recommended SIG Firewire card, Capture One 5.1, PhaseOne 64-bit driver 1.50.1.34019, H20 on Mamiya RZ.

Problem: Despite being assured by PhaseOne that this would work before the new computer was built, it doesn't. Connecting the H20 gives the 'isochronos' (asynchronous) error. Windows Device Manager confirms the H20 is connected and working correctly. Various other Firewire cards (all Texas Instruments chip-sets) have now been tested but all give same error. PhaseOne suggested a 'legacy' Windows Firewire driver. This connects the camera to C1 but firing causes immediate 'blue screen' total system crash. Nothing else so far suggested by PhaseOne works.

The only way we can get the camera to connect to C1 is to remove 4 gb. RAM reducing total to 2gb. The issue seems to be that the PhaseOne 64-bit driver does not work with 4gb. RAM or more and I don't seem to be alone in experiencing this problem according to posts on the PhaseOne forum.

Has anyone out there successfully shot tethered with an H20 (or any other back) using Windows 7 64-bit with 4gb. RAM or more? This has been going on for three weeks now.

Regards

Mark Sykes

vjbelle

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 11:10:20 am »

Quote from: MarkSykes
Hi

Many thanks to those who replied, unfortunately my problem still continues so herewith a little more information and developments:

Hardware & software: New PC running Windows 7 64-bit, i17 920 2.16 gHz quad-core, 6gb triple channel RAM, PhaseOne recommended SIG Firewire card, Capture One 5.1, PhaseOne 64-bit driver 1.50.1.34019, H20 on Mamiya RZ.

Problem: Despite being assured by PhaseOne that this would work before the new computer was built, it doesn't. Connecting the H20 gives the 'isochronos' (asynchronous) error. Windows Device Manager confirms the H20 is connected and working correctly. Various other Firewire cards (all Texas Instruments chip-sets) have now been tested but all give same error. PhaseOne suggested a 'legacy' Windows Firewire driver. This connects the camera to C1 but firing causes immediate 'blue screen' total system crash. Nothing else so far suggested by PhaseOne works.

The only way we can get the camera to connect to C1 is to remove 4 gb. RAM reducing total to 2gb. The issue seems to be that the PhaseOne 64-bit driver does not work with 4gb. RAM or more and I don't seem to be alone in experiencing this problem according to posts on the PhaseOne forum.

Has anyone out there successfully shot tethered with an H20 (or any other back) using Windows 7 64-bit with 4gb. RAM or more? This has been going on for three weeks now.

Regards

Mark Sykes

I have the exact same issues as you..... I have both Mac's and PC's.  My PC is a recent build (premium components - very fast) and I am using the legacy firewire driver.  C1 sees my P45 and can fire my P45 but that's where it ends.  The image is never captured and when I shut down C1 I get BSOD.  It seems odd to me that, considering Phase's alliance with Microsoft, they don't provide a stable driver for their backs.  

Victor

Doug Peterson

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 08:05:06 pm »

Quote from: MarkSykes

Quote from: vjbelle
I have the exact same issues as you..... I have both Mac's and PC's.  My PC is a recent build (premium components - very fast) and I am using the legacy firewire driver.  C1 sees my P45 and can fire my P45 but that's where it ends.  The image is never captured and when I shut down C1 I get BSOD.  It seems odd to me that, considering Phase's alliance with Microsoft, they don't provide a stable driver for their backs.

As a dealer we keep a Dell Windows 7 machine with 4gb of ram for just this purpose. I've had no issues with the P30+, P45+ and P40+ backs and Capture One 5.1 Pro. I've not tried any H25s or H20s (or P45 non plus) because none of our customers have that combo (windows 7 64 with those backs).

Phase has a fantastic track record of broad legacy support on the Mac (you can still tether an H5 (8 years old) to the latest version of the software (Capture One 5.1) in the latest version of the OS (Snow Leopard). However, hearing of some difficulties with a 6 year old back with a specific Windows 7 64 bit machine (given the thousands of combinations of motherboard/firewire/OS etc that you have in the windows world) does not shock me.

Why have you not contacted your dealer? They will be able assist you however is needed to get your system up and running.

Notably we have Dell as a customer and they use (duh) Dell's with Windows 7 64 bit with their Phase One backs.

Doug Peterson
Personal Work
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:06:53 pm by dougpetersonci »

vjbelle

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 09:17:43 am »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
I've not tried any H25s or H20s (or P45 non plus) because none of our customers have that combo (windows 7 64 with those backs).

Why have you not contacted your dealer? They will be able assist you however is needed to get your system up and running.

I am your customer..... and I have just that combination [P45- WIN7 64].

I looked around for you on Friday..... you were out of the office.  I'll look around for you on Monday.

Victor

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 02:19:46 pm »

Before 5.1 My H25 would not work on XP Pro, now it does.  But, it is twice the time for me to see the image on 5.1 vs 3.7, so I switch back to 3.7 for shooting. P25 works no prob on either.  On the Win 7 64bit the H25 does connect. (If I remember correctly).  if you need me to run this test, let me know. ..send PM.

5.1 I find strong in processing, not much advantage capturing, in fact it is rather sluggish. When you are used to almost instant view of the file capture of 3.7, it is hard to wait 2 to 3 seconds for the file to show up on 5.1

It took more days than I thought before Phase neede a full system read out for them to get into the issue, so I just switched back to 3.7.(in the middle of a shoot week).

They are both Phase, and both have their advantage. I couldn't be effecient with only one of them, but I would rely more so on 3.7 still :-)
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Doug Peterson

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 04:36:24 pm »

Quote from: vjbelle
I am your customer..... and I have just that combination [P45- WIN7 64].
I looked around for you on Friday..... you were out of the office.  I'll look around for you on Monday.

Great!

You can also reach me tomorrow Sunday (cell: 740.707.2183). I'll be traveling on Monday but should be available in the morning.

Normally anyone else in the company would also be able to help (one of the nice parts of having so many great guys on staff - Steve Hendrix, Chris Snipes, and the owner Dave Gallagher), but for a hard Windows troubleshooting issue probably better that you and I talk.

Can you email me the basics (OS version, C1 version, model of the firewire card, firmware of the back, serial number of the back)? Looking forward to helping you.

Doug Peterson
Personal Work
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:38:06 pm by dougpetersonci »

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 01:43:38 pm »

Doug is the MAN!  He has been there for me, as I am sure he will for you.

I can't think of a more commited and "open armed" person to extend his knowledge and support.

Go Doug!

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up