Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS4 running on Snow Leopard  (Read 2475 times)

Robert Spoecker

CS4 running on Snow Leopard
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:12:22 am »

On monday, January 25 I will take delivery of an Apple Mini Mac. I have a MacBook Pro that I have had running Photoshop CS4 on for quite a while without any problems. The Mini Mac has more speed and Ram capacity but it comes preloaded with the latest version of Snow Leopard and my MacBook Pro has only the latest version of Leopard.

I tried to find compatibility answers on the net but its tough as so many of the reviews are dated.

Is anyone running CS4 on a Snow Leopard machine successfully?

I need a warm fuzzy feeling before I unload CS4 from my MacBook Pro and reloaded on the Mini Mac.

If you have a Mini Mac running CS4 on Snow leopard I sure want to know about it.

Thanks,

Robert
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:58:36 am by Robert Spoecker »

Sigi

• http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/default.aspx?id=267034&mp=V2
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:28:01 am »

Hello Robert,

I can give you the "warm and fuzzy feeling". I have an imac with 4GB RAM and had Leopard installed. I upgraded to Snow Leopard a few months ago - no problems at all with the upgrade. I bought CS4 a few weeks ago and everything works smoothly.

See also here from John Nack

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2009/08/adobe...eopard_faq.html

Siegfried

Robert Spoecker

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:56:33 am »

Mr. Siegfried,

Thank you very much for your kind and prompt reply.

I know that the license for Photoshop CS4 is good for two computers, so now I can have it on both my Mini Mac and MacBook Pro.

I also read the John Nack blog and I am much encouraged.

Oh boy oh boy I will now be able to work long hours post processing my work at home as well as in my RV while vacationing.    

Robert

Sigi

• http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/default.aspx?id=267034&mp=V2
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 10:06:27 am »

Quote from: Robert Spoecker
Oh boy oh boy I will now be able to work long hours post processing my work at home as well as in my RV while vacationing.    

Robert

I would try to avoid that:) I try to get as good as possible out of camera. Taking pictures is much more fun for me compared to photoshoping

Siegfried

Mike Louw

• http://www.dreaminglight.com
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 03:51:56 pm »

I second the warm and fuzzy feeling. CS4 and Snow Leopard working just fine together (with latest updates of both installed).

EDIT: my apologies, I misread your post. I'm using a Mac Pro and not the Mini.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:24:04 pm by Mike Louw »

Michael H. Cothran

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 12:41:01 pm »

Quote from: Sigi
I would try to avoid that:) I try to get as good as possible out of camera. Taking pictures is much more fun for me compared to photoshoping

Siegfried

Siegfried - There are many photographers, like myself, and perhaps Robert, who enjoy "photoshopping." Whether we're photographing a wedding or the Grand Canyon, it goes without saying that the "taking the picture" part has to be enjoyable, or why else do it?
But taking the picture is only the first step in the photographic process. To me, photoshopping, or any other post processing for that matter, is required, and equally exciting. Granted, we are looking for light, composition, decisive moments, etc in our picture taking, but the overall main goal when pressing the shutter button should be to collect as much information in our capture as possible. And arguably, nothing in film or digital comes out of the camera in its best dress, ready for exhibition. It's our "photoshopping" and post processing skills that refine the image, and breathe life into it. I would think that this important aspect of the process should be equally as important and exciting as when you captured the image with your camera.

Robert - I am interested in your results, as I am currently using a 10 year old G4 with OS10.4 and CS3. I have hesitated upgrading with Snow Leopard since I have read horror stories about not being able to turn off Color management with Epson printers in tandem with Snow Leopard and CS4. Perhaps this issue has now been resolved.

Michael H. Cothran
Nashville, TN
Pages: [1]   Go Up