Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP LP2475w "not going to sleep"  (Read 2550 times)

armand

• Photos
HP LP2475w "not going to sleep"
« on: January 19, 2010, 08:16:42 pm »

I bought the LP2475w about a month ago. So far when using it it's ok (calibrated with Colormunki at 80cd) but I have a weird problem with it. I tried searching the net and the manual but couldn't figure it out yet.
When the monitor is supposed to go to sleep, or equally annoying, when I turn off of computer, the monitor still stays on and starts displaying few basic colors (RGB, gray and black). It keeps alternating between them until either I turn off the monitor entirely or I move the mouse (if the computer is not turned off).
I looked in the menu and changed some of the power saving settings but either way it makes no difference.
It's worth mentioning that it does this only for a couple of weeks now, and I don't recall changing anything in the menu, I only calibrated with Colormunki several times.

Any ideas?

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
HP LP2475w "not going to sleep"
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:53:44 am »

It's obviously a monitor issue if it continues even when the computer is turned off. (Note: hibernation and sleep mode don't count as "turned off".) If you can unplug the signal cable from the monitor without stopping this that is ironclad proof it is a monitor issue. Contact HP and see what they say.
Pages: [1]   Go Up