Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: are you right or left eyed?  (Read 20750 times)

Ray

are you right or left eyed?
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2010, 08:04:05 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
Hmmm; brown sky and green clouds? Do you really think it will catch on? But I love the roots!

Rob C

Now, look here! Rob! I would have loved to have had available a beautiful model with sleek legs and ample bosom, to climb into the mango tree and nestle amongst the branches.

Unfortunately, no such model was available when I stepped outside my house to take this first experimental shot employing my left eye on the viewfinder, my left thumb on the shutter button, and the right side of my brain in gear for creative purposes..

lowep

• http://sites.google.com/site/peterlowefoto/
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2010, 11:56:02 pm »

Quote from: Ray
Now, look here! Rob! I would have loved to have had available a beautiful model with sleek legs and ample bosom, to climb into the mango tree and nestle amongst the branches.

Unfortunately, no such model was available when I stepped outside my house to take this first experimental shot employing my left eye on the viewfinder, my left thumb on the shutter button, and the right side of my brain in gear for creative purposes..

good example of how accompanying text influences how an image is interpreted... if it were not for the informative caption I would have wrongly assumed I was just looking at an accidental shot exposed when a glass of red wine was knocked over on a camera lieing upside down on a garden table

Ray

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2010, 01:31:57 am »

Quote from: lowep
good example of how accompanying text influences how an image is interpreted... if it were not for the informative caption I would have wrongly assumed I was just looking at an accidental shot exposed when a glass of red wine was knocked over on a camera lieing upside down on a garden table

Getting close! However the red wine was not spilt, but imbibed by my sun-tanned neighbour who popped over to enhance the shot.

[attachment=19926:Composit...ngo_tree.jpg]

Rob C

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2010, 05:21:59 am »

Tree? What tree? Not only do I see no mangoes but neither ample bosoms nor sleek legs. As for bottles of wine, Ray, what are you on? Oh! I see now, you have doctored the soup!

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:24:26 am by Rob C »

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2010, 05:30:12 am »

After being some time around this forum, I am beginning to think that the chemicals used in analog photography are poisonous, and produce long term insanity on those that spend to much time inside a dark room; just another advantage of digital photography.

lowep

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2010, 07:13:01 am »

Quote from: EduPerez
After being some time around this forum, I am beginning to think that the chemicals used in analog photography are poisonous, and produce long term insanity on those that spend to much time inside a dark room; just another advantage of digital photography.

unless of course it is the lack of chemicals that causes the insanity - now that would explain why some clients who have never set foot in a dark room do not get the visual thing; maybe also why moving from shooting MF film and chemical processing to MFDB digital and computer screens seems to have such a sobering effect on so many of us (which I had previously thought was due to increasing affluence and diminishing youth).

feel free to correct me if I am wrong
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:17:06 am by lowep »

Ray

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2010, 08:34:04 am »

Tree? What tree? Not only do I see no mangoes but neither ample bosoms nor sleek legs. As for bottles of wine, Ray, what are you on? Oh! I see now, you have doctored the soup!

Rob C

What's the matter with you? I see the mangoes clearly.

Okay! I'll present the image upside down. Maybe you didn't recognise them. How's this?

[attachment=19928:crop_of_mangoes.jpg]

As for the sleekness of the lady's legs, you know I can't comment on that.

[attachment=19929:Composit...ree_crop.jpg]

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2010, 09:53:25 am »

Nice self-portrait, Ray.  
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2010, 03:45:00 pm »

Ray

I see it this time! The lady's mangoes are a little more clear now, but is there a problem with the pips? Usually, they are stones. Beautifully Photoshopped dance shoes.

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:45:18 pm by Rob C »

Ray

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2010, 11:03:28 pm »

Ray

I see it this time! The lady's mangoes are a little more clear now, but is there a problem with the pips? Usually, they are stones. Beautifully Photoshopped dance shoes.

Rob C

The nipples are a bit on the small side. Oops! I hope I don't get into trouble.

lowep

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2010, 03:50:07 am »

Now we are getting closer to an understanding of the variables that come in to play when photographers and clients evaluate an image.

Is this observation coming from the right side of your brain or the left side or some place else?  
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:51:03 am by lowep »

Ray

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2010, 05:30:00 am »

Quote from: lowep
Now we are getting closer to an understanding of the variables that come in to play when photographers and clients evaluate an image.

Is this observation coming from the right side of your brain or the left side or some place else?  

Wouldn't have a clue. It's big mystery to me, which is why I thought it might be worth some experimentation.

rljones

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2010, 09:22:34 pm »

About 80% of people are right handed and 80% of those are co-dominant (right eye); the other 20% are cross-dominant (left eye). The reverse is true: about 20% of people are left handed with 80% of those co-dominant (left eye) and 20% cross dominant (right eye).

Of all the gazzillion of eyes I've looked at, I don't think there's much correlation between eye dominance and behavior, personality, etc.

Ray

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2010, 07:07:05 am »

Left brain: Y'all might be interested to know that the mangoes have all been stolen. I was hoping to get at least a bucket full. I suspect either possums or fruit bats are the culprits. Bastards!

Right brain:  What a pity I wasn't aware they were eating my mangoes. If I had been, I could have photographed the darlings.

(It's true! The mangoes have all been eaten by some creature. No big deal, but I was disappointed to be outsmarted by a possum and a fruit bat.)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:08:05 am by Ray »

Rob C

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2010, 05:03:45 pm »

Left brain: Y'all might be interested to know that the mangoes have all been stolen. I was hoping to get at least a bucket full. I suspect either possums or fruit bats are the culprits. Bastards!

Right brain:  What a pity I wasn't aware they were eating my mangoes. If I had been, I could have photographed the darlings.

(It's true! The mangoes have all been eaten by some creature. No big deal, but I was disappointed to be outsmarted by a possum and a fruit bat.)

Ray, how do you know they didn't just fall upwards and go to heaven along with the lady? You really must guard against thinking the worst; those darn tigers might sense it.

Rob C

Ray

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2010, 11:33:03 pm »

Ray, how do you know they didn't just fall upwards and go to heaven along with the lady? You really must guard against thinking the worst; those darn tigers might sense it.

Rob C

Evidence! Rob, pure and simple. When you see the remains of eaten mangoes at the foot of the tree, the conclusions are clear. It wasn't a neighbour, and the mangoes didn't aspire to heaven. (Left brain speaking).

[attachment=20079:3347.jpg]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up