Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanna change my PC, what to save if I don't keep  (Read 1370 times)

thierrylegros396

Wanna change my PC, what to save if I don't keep
« on: January 19, 2010, 03:33:41 am »

Hi to all,

The big question !

Wanna migrate to a new PC but with a new HDD, so what to save in Lightroom, and where are the important files and folders to keep !

Of course I have to keep the "Mes documents\Mes images\Lightroom" folder which contain .lrcat catalog file and back-ups.

But where are all other important files and how to export them to the new machine to be sure to keep everything ?!

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 03:34:27 am by thierrylegros396 »

Pete_G

Wanna change my PC, what to save if I don't keep
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 07:56:51 am »

Quote from: thierrylegros396
Hi to all,

The big question !

Wanna migrate to a new PC but with a new HDD, so what to save in Lightroom, and where are the important files and folders to keep !

Of course I have to keep the "Mes documents\Mes images\Lightroom" folder which contain .lrcat catalog file and back-ups.

But where are all other important files and how to export them to the new machine to be sure to keep everything ?!

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

You may want to keep any presets you have created; on my Windows 7 system they are in: C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

on other systems (XP or Vista) the path may be a little different.

You don't need to export them, just save them to an external drive/memory stick and copy them across when your new system is up and running.
Pages: [1]   Go Up