C&C please.

[attachment=19525:point.jpg]

Thanks,
John

francois

point
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 03:28:59 am »

John,
For me, it's an interesting photo. I can't yet decide if the green washer is a good or a bad thing. I'll have to take a longer look at your image. I like the texture of the weathered wood and the rusty barbed wire.
Francois

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
point
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 03:30:57 am »

Quote from: francois
John,
For me, it's an interesting photo. I can't yet decide if the green washer is a good or a bad thing. I'll have to take a longer look at your image. I like the texture of the weathered wood and the rusty barbed wire.
I'd prefer the image if the green thing weren't there. Otherwise, I like it for the same reasons as francois: the textures of the wood and rust are appealing.

Jeremy
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 03:31:43 am by kikashi »

Ed Blagden

point
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 02:13:01 pm »

Well I like the green plastic thingy.  I think without it the picture would be rather ho-hum.  Other than that I can't really say much about the aesthetics.  

I do have a technical criticism though; the shot looks wildly over-sharpened.

Ed

button

• http://
point
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 02:58:24 pm »

Quote from: Ed Blagden
Well I like the green plastic thingy.  I think without it the picture would be rather ho-hum.  Other than that I can't really say much about the aesthetics.  

I do have a technical criticism though; the shot looks wildly over-sharpened.

Ed

Thanks, everyone.  I'm mainly interested in what people think of the composition, but any comments appreciated.  When I saw these elements, I liked the lines, as well as the semi hidden detail in the shadows, including the oblique lines mirroring those in the wood.  I also saw an eye (green thing), a nose (point of the wood), and a mouth (barbed wire- maybe even some snaggly teeth?).  I hope that doesn't sound like I'm trying to be clever- I didn't take it past "hey, that's kind of funny."

Ed, yeah it does look way oversharpened.  Even using a tilt/shift lens (at max tilt), I had to use focus stacking to get what I wanted.  I actually applied no sharpening whatsoever to the files before or after blending.  I'll probably need to play with the settings of the program (TuFuse Pro) to address this super crunchy look.  I even tried some negative clarity in camera raw, but that didn't work.

John
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 02:59:13 pm by button »
Pages: [1]   Go Up