Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: RM3D Day 1  (Read 14202 times)

schaubild

RM3D Day 1
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 01:54:02 am »

Quote from: asf
Those of us who over the years have tried to get Arca products in a timely fashion aren't surprised. Some have been in stock, some have been easily obtainable, others decidedly not. I kept doubles of all 4x5 and 8x10 f-line pieces as there was no way I was going to play russian roulette if something went down. And then I still kept a tk45s in the closet ... They make wonderful products, and it's nice to see another US dealer roll the dice and make a go of selling them. Rod always did a good job, but even he couldn't get what didn't exist.

As for other manufacturers actually "deliver[ing] in time", well there are many here who will take issue with that as well. Phase lenses; HB 60 back, live view ... Pentax MF camera

I was talking about tech camera manufacturers like Alpa or Cambo. Please don't remind me about the H3D-50 liveview issue....  

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
RM3D Day 1
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 02:23:18 am »

Quote from: schaubild
I was talking about tech camera manufacturers like Alpa or Cambo. Please don't remind me about the H3D-50 liveview issue....  

That's the reason I switched to Alpa when I went to digital, and not Sinar or Arca - local dealer had all in stock, system was mature and the manufacturer was responsive and responsible.

NROCH

• http://www.rochowski.net
RM3D Day 1
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2010, 12:06:09 pm »

Quote from: Jack Flesher
I stand corrected -- I was told they were "finer" by somebody who demoed one and took their word for it.  What about the gearing on the standards for tilt, swing, rise, fall, shift and Orbix???

I'm pondering over both options too. Getting an RM3d for a few days in a couple of weeks to test again.

As far as the m-line two is concerned, the geared mechanisms definitely have a much more solid accuracy to them compared to the f-line. The lock at zero is also more pronounced and overall it feels much more rigid to do large rise and fall movements. You will still have the same focusing concerns with it compared to the f-line though, in terms of reaching the point of focus. I think the main benefits are the much lighter weight and also more accurate focus (once you've got it) across the sensor/film with movements.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up