Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ColorMunki and BasiCColor support  (Read 10944 times)

Pete_G

ColorMunki and BasiCColor support
« on: January 16, 2010, 11:55:30 am »

I and others here are a little peeved that, being European owners of NEC Spectraview monitors, we are not able to profile our displays with the ColorMunki using the BasiCColor Profiler supplied
by NEC. I recently emailed BasiCColor and asked when ColorMunki support would be included in their software. I received a very quick response from them:

"we would like to support the ColorMunki, but currently X-Rite is blocking this. So I can not say when we will support the ColorMunki."

I have emailed XRite UK and asked them if they can sort this out so that European Spectraview owners can use the CM with their displays, after all US Spectraview owners using a different
Profiler, not available in Europe, have had CM support for some time.

I'd like to suggest that others here stuck in this quandry fire off polite emails to XRite in the hope that this situation can solved.

probep

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 11:12:29 pm »

Quote from: Pete_G
"we would like to support the ColorMunki, but currently X-Rite is blocking this. So I can not say when we will support the ColorMunki."
Amazing... Funny... I do not understand X-Rite and basICColor.de: ColorMunki is already supported by NEC SpectraView II, EIZO ColorNavigator and SpectraCal CalMAN (and ArgyllCMS of course  - but it's another case).

BTW I'm living and working in Europe too. For NEC professional monitors our company prefers to buy SpectraView II software and NEC branded i1Display 2 sensors in the USA via an american broker.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:20:49 am by probep »

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 07:02:25 am »

Quote from: probep
Amazing... Funny... I do not understand X-Rite and basICColor.de: ColorMunki is already supported by NEC SpectraView II, EIZO ColorNavigator and SpectraCal CalMAN (and ArgyllCMS of course  - but it's another case).

BTW I'm living and working in Europe too. For NEC professional monitors our company prefers to buy SpectraView II software and NEC branded i1Display 2 sensors in the USA via an american broker.

It's not funny, it's sick. I don't understand why Xrite didn't block Eizo or NEC Display America, and suddenly they decided to make a bad joke to basICColor.

Buying Spectraview II is not a bad idea (that's what I did), but it's only available in US and it costs a few $, so it's not what you would expect to do after spending a fortune for selected Spectraview display.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 07:03:36 am by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

probep

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 08:56:49 am »

Quote from: Czornyj
Buying Spectraview II is not a bad idea (that's what I did), but it's only available in US and it costs a few $, so it's not what you would expect to do after spending a fortune for selected Spectraview display.
We buy generic NEC 90 series (not SpectraView series) monitors  here in Europe and then additionally buy SpectraView II software (as well as NEC sensors and hoods if needed) in the USA.
SpectraView II successfully works with generic NEC monitors.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:18:59 pm by probep »

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 03:54:57 pm »

We buy generic NEC 90 series (not SpectraView series) monitors  here in Europe and then additionally buy SpectraView II software (as well as NEC sensors and hoods if needed) in the USA.
SpectraView II successfully works with generic NEC monitors.

I also have generic 3090WQXi and calibrate it with SVII  But Pete_G has selected Spectraview with basICColor display profiler, so he might be disappointed...

Pete_G

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 07:01:32 am »

I also have generic 3090WQXi and calibrate it with SVII  But Pete_G has selected Spectraview with basICColor display profiler, so he might be disappointed...

Yes, well knowing what I do now I may have taken that route too, but obtaining SV II outside of the US seems not that easy. Can you download updates from outside the US for instance?

What "real world" differences are there between profiles created with wide gamut aware colorimeters as opposed to the regular kind?

probep

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 07:26:19 am »

Quote from: Pete_G
Can you download updates from outside the US for instance?
No problem. Anyone can download  any version of SepctraView II from http://www.necdisplay.com/supportcenter/mo...iew2/downloads/

What "real world" differences are there between profiles created with wide gamut aware colorimeters as opposed to the regular kind?
The difference between NEC branded i1Display 2 and ColorMunki (and i1Pro as well) is small enough (dE<2) for luminance L>1-2 cd/m2. The difference between NEC branded i1Display 2 and generic colorimeters can reach 7-9 or even 16 delta E [CIE2000].
BTW I recommend you to read SpectraView II FAQ.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:47:32 am by probep »

probep

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 01:46:59 pm »

I don't understand why Xrite didn't block Eizo or NEC Display America, and suddenly they decided to make a bad joke to basICColor.
BTW I don't know about EIZO Nanao or NEC, but as for why X-Rite didn't block SpectraCal see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.ph...mp;postcount=42

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 03:20:17 pm »

BTW I don't know about EIZO Nanao or NEC, but as for why X-Rite didn't block SpectraCal see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.ph...mp;postcount=42

Now it's all clear - thanks a lot, that's hillarious
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 03:20:27 pm by Czornyj »
Pages: [1]   Go Up