Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAMIYA 645 AUTO BELLOWS with Nikon  (Read 5848 times)

soneill

MAMIYA 645 AUTO BELLOWS with Nikon
« on: January 16, 2010, 08:19:42 am »

Hi,

I'm looking for a relatively cost effective method of tilt/shift/swing motions using 35mm digital. The MAMIYA 645 Auto Belows with Nikon attachment seems like a decent option. However I am looking to get as wide a focal lenght as possible.  I understand that I will have to obtain a Mamiya lens for this setup and assuming I got hold of a 24mm or 35mm - what would the 35mm equivilent focal lenght be?

Am I overlooking anything with this setup and has anyone got any opinions on it? Would a Horseman LD for instance be a better product to use? The 24mm PC-E is not wide enough for me.

Thanks,

Shane

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
MAMIYA 645 AUTO BELLOWS with Nikon
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 02:34:24 pm »

Quote from: soneill
I understand that I will have to obtain a Mamiya lens for this setup and assuming I got hold of a 24mm or 35mm - what would the 35mm equivilent focal lenght be?

Am I overlooking anything with this setup and has anyone got any opinions on it? Would a Horseman LD for instance be a better product to use? The 24mm PC-E is not wide enough for me.

You're overlooking the fact that 24mm is 24mm is 24mm. Any 24mm lens mounted on your camera will give the exact same FOV. A 24mm Mamiya lens will give you the same FOV as a 24mm Nikon lens. If the 24mm Nikon lens isn't wide enough, then switching to a Mamiya 24mm will solve nothing.

ondebanks

Re: MAMIYA 645 AUTO BELLOWS with Nikon
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:31:08 am »

You're overlooking the fact that 24mm is 24mm is 24mm. Any 24mm lens mounted on your camera will give the exact same FOV. A 24mm Mamiya lens will give you the same FOV as a 24mm Nikon lens. If the 24mm Nikon lens isn't wide enough, then switching to a Mamiya 24mm will solve nothing.

Not in this case! The Mamiya 645 24mm is a fisheye lens, and thus will deliver a substantially different, much wider FOV than the rectilinear 24mm Nikon.

[Google led me here, so although it's an old thread I couldn't let the "facts" go uncorrected]

Ray

tbosley

Re: MAMIYA 645 AUTO BELLOWS with Nikon
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 04:48:48 pm »

Actually - using auto bellows will eliminate the ability to focus to infinity once adapted to Nikon.

So you would have a wide FOV for macro work with movements.
Pages: [1]   Go Up