Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wft e4 ii controller of 5dmkii  (Read 3822 times)

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
wft e4 ii controller of 5dmkii
« on: January 12, 2010, 02:17:12 am »

Does any one know about the wft e4ii wireless controller

My dream is to control focus (and iris) of the 5d2 via a handheld remote device while recording video

basically a radio follow focus ?

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

smthopr

• Bruce Alan Greene Cinematography
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 12:25:12 am »

Quote from: Morgan_Moore
Does any one know about the wft e4ii wireless controller

My dream is to control focus (and iris) of the 5d2 via a handheld remote device while recording video

basically a radio follow focus ?

S

I few months ago I asked Howard Preston at Preston Cinema Systems if he could adapt his wireless follow focus, or just build a special remote (wired, wireless, whatever) to control Canon EF lenses on the Canon 5d or 7d.

He said he needed the code that Canon won't provide and that it was too hard to reverse engineer

Let me know if you find a solution!

-bruce
Bruce Alan Greene
www.brucealangreene.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 04:43:07 am »

Quote from: smthopr
I few months ago I asked Howard Preston at Preston Cinema Systems if he could adapt his wireless follow focus, or just build a special remote (wired, wireless, whatever) to control Canon EF lenses on the Canon 5d or 7d.

He said he needed the code that Canon won't provide and that it was too hard to reverse engineer

Let me know if you find a solution!

-bruce

canon wireless page - http mode

but with this device which is.. 'compatable with PDAs' and 'controls focus' it should on paper be possible just the canon PDA on the device does not make it clear - like it may not control during recording or something dumb

also it has a java web based interface so surely could have a nice app written using code that is surely in the public domain

it may just work !

I would like an Iphone app with a picture of a focus wheel on screen that recats asyou move the finger across it

S
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:35:38 am by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

pschefz

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 12:56:27 pm »

i can't believe canon won't put the "n" standard in these units....so much faster with a much wider range....even those little SD wifi cards are "n" now....
schefz.com
artloch.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up