Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Hasselblad Clock  (Read 10977 times)

smoody

The Hasselblad Clock
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 05:41:42 pm »

The implication on the site now (I think this text is new since the countdown clock first posted, correct?) is that it's not equipment-related at all. It appears to be hinting at be some kind of Hasselblad-managed online portfolio site that will launch when the clock hits zero.  I guess they realized from this forum and others that they need to make sure expectations are properly set. Nothing worse than everyone thinking that the Hasselblad equivalent of an Apple tablet computer is being launched only to find out it's just a website. :-)

Text from the page:

"What if we were to tell you that our little surprise is something that can help you get famous?

What if we were to tell you that we can put your work in front of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people, absolutely free of charge?

What if we were to tell you that you still have to wait until February 1st to find out the rest?"
. . . . . [url=http://www.fauxtography

gdwhalen

• http://www.gdwhalen.com
The Hasselblad Clock
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 06:11:21 pm »

Quote from: smoody
The implication on the site now (I think this text is new since the countdown clock first posted, correct?) is that it's not equipment-related at all. It appears to be hinting at be some kind of Hasselblad-managed online portfolio site that will launch when the clock hits zero.  I guess they realized from this forum and others that they need to make sure expectations are properly set. Nothing worse than everyone thinking that the Hasselblad equivalent of an Apple tablet computer is being launched only to find out it's just a website. :-)

Text from the page:

"What if we were to tell you that our little surprise is something that can help you get famous?

What if we were to tell you that we can put your work in front of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people, absolutely free of charge?

What if we were to tell you that you still have to wait until February 1st to find out the rest?"

I would agree. That does read somewhat like letting the air out of a balloon before it pops in your face.

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
The Hasselblad Clock
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 12:42:49 pm »

If it was an images presentation type venture  I would say,  " You're grasping at straws and wasting valuable manpower and manhours that could be better spent
finetuning your product line instead"

The imaging world definitely doesn't need a Hasselblad Flickr site

MT

www.marktomalty.com

TMARK

The Hasselblad Clock
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 01:11:11 pm »

I hope its not yet another avenue for "emerging" photographers to get "exposure" in exchange for the uncompensated use of their images, or some sort of Next Top Photographer Reality Boon doggle.  If so, PDN will be pissed at Blad for incroaching its turf.

SeanBK

The Hasselblad Clock
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 02:41:50 pm »

Phase One, Leaf, Leica.. has on their website (specially Leica) where users of their products can show their selected photographs. My guess is Hasselblad prob'ly will have similar subsection/link to their new elegant version of "smugmug", where the users can post their images - which are in different catagories. So I think..Time will tell.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up