Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Part 4: "Becoming A Great Arch. Photographer," Now you have your first client - what now?!  (Read 2627 times)

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing

OK, gear is purchased, you've built a decent portfolio and finally convinced a client to give you a chance.

What prep must be done before you arrive at the site for your shoot?
Contracts?
Insurance - types?
All the things I don't know that I need???????    

Jack

pixjohn

Best advice is to just relax. Give yourself extra time.

Contract √
50% deposit √
Scout the location √ (personally I rarely scout locations, unless I think its a difficult project).
Assistant booked √

The reality is on my first job I winged it.  I had equipment insurance, but I did not have liability insurance yet. It is not my advice not to have insurance, but the reality if you only have 1 job 1 day sometime you have to do what you have to do. If they do ask, you might be able to get insurance and cancel after the project.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:30:09 pm by pixjohn »

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing

I've started study of all the info on the site that relates to AP - Thanks.

Jack

Quote from: GBPhoto
Some great reference publications for (free) download here - scroll down to the bottom of the page:
asmp.org/articles/architecture-specialty-group.html

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing

Jack,
Web site has images that the majority were taken before I got the TS-E lenses.

I have wanted to re-shoot same sites but with TS-E lenses however this "Artic Blast" has screwed up our weather in SW FL for the last couple of weeks - and is still raising havoc.  Hit low 70's yesterday but today high is expected to be 45!  Very unusual for this time of year down here and not conducive to getting good exterior shots.

Mission right now is to have all AP images on site shot with TS-E lenses and to add interior shots.

I have a chap here in Naples that is lining up several interior homes of very high end friends of his to shoot over the next couple of weeks.  Task is to have a representative portfolio put together by Feb 1.

Jack

Quote from: John-S
I have to agree the "book" has been written on the mechanics and business of shooting arch work. The ASMP PDF 'Working with an Architectural Photographer' covers just about everything you can think of. The rest is just specific to your locations and clients.

Jack,

Does your portfolio have more than just the images on your website?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:22:08 am by Lust4Life »
Pages: [1]   Go Up