Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9800 CMYK Target Print - how?  (Read 3172 times)

DavorHorvatic

• http://www.xpose.at
Epson 9800 CMYK Target Print - how?
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:51:53 pm »

I´m using Epson 9800 and Eye-One Match software. This software recognize Epson 9800 as an RGB Printer and that is Ok. I had no problems printing the RGB target directly from Eye-One Match software and making custom RGB ICC profile for paper I´m using. Now, as I want to use the Mirage software for Epson, I need a CMYK custom profile for the same paper, because Mirage software needs CMYK profiles for Epson 9800 and cannot use RGB profiles with 9800  that I already have. So therefore I need to print CMYK chart from photoshop CS 4 and at that point, I´m not sure, how should I set Photoshop CS 4, to print CMYK target without any profiling. I was thinking of turning of the printer color management and setting Photoshop to control the color management and using LAB profile and print the target out.  I could not find the setting to switch off color management, to print out CMYK target "clean". Hope, somebody can help. Thank you!

EDIT - I´m going crazy - on my Mac Powerbook there is an option of switching the color management off when printing in PS CS4, but not on my PowerMac, same PS CS4 version?!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:11:52 pm by DavorHorvatic »
Cheers

Davor

xpose solutions

DavorHorvatic

• http://www.xpose.at
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:19:40 am »

Quote from: DavorHorvatic
I´m using Epson 9800 and Eye-One Match software. This software recognize Epson 9800 as an RGB Printer and that is Ok. I had no problems printing the RGB target directly from Eye-One Match software and making custom RGB ICC profile for paper I´m using. Now, as I want to use the Mirage software for Epson, I need a CMYK custom profile for the same paper, because Mirage software needs CMYK profiles for Epson 9800 and cannot use RGB profiles with 9800  that I already have. So therefore I need to print CMYK chart from photoshop CS 4 and at that point, I´m not sure, how should I set Photoshop CS 4, to print CMYK target without any profiling. I was thinking of turning of the printer color management and setting Photoshop to control the color management and using LAB profile and print the target out.  I could not find the setting to switch off color management, to print out CMYK target "clean". Hope, somebody can help. Thank you!

EDIT - I´m going crazy - on my Mac Powerbook there is an option of switching the color management off when printing in PS CS4, but not on my PowerMac, same PS CS4 version?!

back in studio, trying to print the CMYK target trough photoshop. when I open it,  I choose to open the file without color management, but when i want to print it, the option to print without color management is gray, so i cannot print it out without any profile - I have to choose to work with colormanagement of the printer or photoshop. what and how should i do this or is there a any other way to have cmyk chart printed clean for icc calibration????
Cheers

Davor

xpose solutions

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:58:57 am »

Quote from: DavorHorvatic
back in studio, trying to print the CMYK target trough photoshop. when I open it,  I choose to open the file without color management, but when i want to print it, the option to print without color management is gray, so i cannot print it out without any profile - I have to choose to work with colormanagement of the printer or photoshop. what and how should i do this or is there a any other way to have cmyk chart printed clean for icc calibration????

With Photoshop CM on.  What about assigning a CMYK space to the target and selecting the same CMYK space as the printer profile? Assign, not convert to. Photoshop CM shouldn't interfere as there is no profile-to-profile work to be done and the target data flows as it is to the printer, unconverted CMYK patch data. No Colorsync inteference if it is done on a MAC.

Never use Photoshop to print from, on Windows here and no knowledge of that plug-in either but it must be the most logical approach.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Pages: [1]   Go Up