Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...  (Read 6739 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
« on: January 01, 2010, 10:29:28 pm »

It is becoming annoying... my Safari often freezes while clicking on certain threads, especially those with a lot of images attached (like "recent professional work", etc.). When it happens, I open the same thread in Firefox and it works fine. Anyone with a fix?

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 10:57:34 pm »

Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic
It is becoming annoying... my Safari often freezes while clicking on certain threads, especially those with a lot of images attached (like "recent professional work", etc.). When it happens, I open the same thread in Firefox and it works fine. Anyone with a fix?

W7?
Craig Lamson Photo

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 11:05:30 pm »

Why not make Firefox your default browser? Or Opera? Opera always works fine on LL for me. Opera and Firefox are the browsers I use for almost everything. If a website doesn't behave with either of them, I then go (in order) to Chrome, Safari, and finally Internet Exploiter.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 04:55:18 am »

Try deleting your Safari preferences and perhaps any cookies you have which are linked to this site. I use Safari all the time, and while it does crash occasionally, I've never had a problem with these forums.

Jeremy

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 06:59:30 am »

I've never had a problem browsing these forums with Safari, either on my Macbook, Windows machine, or Ipod Touch.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 07:00:08 am by Jonathan Wienke »

mguertin

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 01:29:48 pm »

Try clearing your cache in Safari as well as the cookies.  It's possible that there's something "stuck" in cache that's causing your troubles.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 03:36:21 pm »

Thanks everyone! I helps to know it is only my Safari. I do cache cleaning regularly, but this time I trashed plist as well. So far it works good, i.e., I have not been able to recreate the crash by visiting several pages loaded with images in the infamous (for me) "recent professional work" thread.

richard laughlin

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 04:13:56 pm »

Thanks everyone! I helps to know it is only my Safari. I do cache cleaning regularly, but this time I trashed plist as well. So far it works good, i.e., I have not been able to recreate the crash by visiting several pages loaded with images in the infamous (for me) "recent professional work" thread.
I also see it... with the message that it is caused because of "slow script access" .... and then I move on...

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 01:57:12 pm »

The Hasselblad site does not work well with Safari, and is not supported, and something else I wanted to do did not work with safari, and I do get problems on this site with Safari, particularly when there are lots of pictures, and Firefox has just been improved, so I will now use it as my default browser.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 02:07:59 pm »

Quote from: Jonathan Wienke
I've never had a problem browsing these forums with Safari, either on my Macbook, Windows machine, or Ipod Touch.

ditto.  Can't think of a single time it's happened.

ysengrain

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 12:10:43 pm »

Hi,
I don't know if "my" solution is the good one, but as it has not been quoted: try repairing authorisations by using "Disk Utility

Mort54

• http://
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 12:51:14 pm »

Hmmmm?? I use nothing but Safari and never have problems on this site. This is both on my laptop (with limited RAM) and on my desktop machine.
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

Anthony R

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 05:17:22 pm »

One of the computers I use has this problem as well. The others do not. I haven't found a fix, but I'm going to try trashing the plist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up