Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: end or roll curling  (Read 1715 times)

MrIconoclast

end or roll curling
« on: December 31, 2009, 05:52:54 pm »

I have been happily enjoying my new Z3200 printer.   As advised by a friend, the end of a roll of paper has an exceptionally strong curl to it.  I have tried flattening out the prints with a heavy weight on them, but that does not seem to do much good.

How do you get rid of the curl in prints  made from a roll of paper?

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
end or roll curling
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 06:58:47 pm »

Do a search in this forum for "curl" or "decurl" and you'll find lots of posts that describe how to take care of it.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
end or roll curling
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 11:13:03 am »

When I do a print run I lay the printed media on a flat surface and give it a day or two to dry completely, then I stack the prints, put some white paper on top of the top print, and then put some small bean bags on top of the paper. Let it sit for another day or two and it relaxes into a flat posture. I typically do this about 10 prints at a time.

DougMorgan

• http://www.bcpanorama.com
end or roll curling
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 04:45:27 pm »

Just roll it backwards and place in a tube for an hour.    The cardboard concrete forms are good sized and cheap.

Doug

rdonson

end or roll curling
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 05:50:06 pm »

Not cheap but well built to last a very long time, the d-roller, from Shades of Paper.  It was well worth the money for me.

The d-roller
Regards,
Ron

RogerEle

end or roll curling
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 11:29:39 pm »

I took a 3 inch in diameter tube from a roll of 44 inch paper and taped I long piece of canvas to it the width of the tube ... roll the prints into the canvas on the tube - works great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up