Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color management issues (calibration of monitors)  (Read 2205 times)

natas

Color management issues (calibration of monitors)
« on: December 31, 2009, 03:42:05 pm »

Hey Guys,

So I have 3 epson prints. When using my 26 inch monitor I noticed that the colors are always really accurate but the LCD is a little bright, so I got the idea of throwing in a monitor that is known the have good dark constrasty display. I bought the HP LP2065. Now, when I print the I no longer have the "To dark" prints. However, now my color is way off.

I have a Huey Pro and calibrate my monitors. I decided to hook both of them up and recalibrate them both. The larger 26 inch display has perfect colors that match my printer...but again this display is pretty bright. The new HP monitor seems to be lacking in the Red/Orange area. Skin tones look horrible, they seem almost green.

Could this issue I see be a limitation of the monitor or is something up with my Huey Pro? I made sure that the proper profiles were applied to both monitors and I have calibrated a dozen times now to make sure I did the right thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jackbingham

• http://www.integrated-color.com
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 08:46:55 am »

I would start with the Huey Pro.
Jack Bingham
Integrated Color Corp Maker

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 10:22:27 am »

You’ve got to at least calibrate the target luminance on the brighter unit to that of the dimmer (unless like Spinal Tap there’s a dial to go to 11 <g>).

The huey is better than eyeball calibration but hardly the best unit you could use (along with the software) but before you toss out the baby with the bath water, at least try calibrating the older (weaker) display to a reasonable luminance it can hit, then try calibrating the newer, brighter unit to that value.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

natas

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 05:22:54 pm »

Quote from: digitaldog
You’ve got to at least calibrate the target luminance on the brighter unit to that of the dimmer (unless like Spinal Tap there’s a dial to go to 11 <g>).

The huey is better than eyeball calibration but hardly the best unit you could use (along with the software) but before you toss out the baby with the bath water, at least try calibrating the older (weaker) display to a reasonable luminance it can hit, then try calibrating the newer, brighter unit to that value.

I tried this, and the colors on the new unit are still way off....they are so off that I can tell (color blind). They just look very dull and to green. My wife confirmed it for me, she said that the skin tones on my other monitor are perfect and match my prints. She also said the new monitor has a green cast to it.

svein

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 07:10:53 am »

Loading two profiles for two monitors can be a problem with some windows/display cards setup. Are you 100% sure that both profiles are loaded correctly?
Pages: [1]   Go Up