Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CS4 and Z3100  (Read 11046 times)

the ridge runner

Photoshop CS4 and Z3100
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 01:59:41 pm »

Me again with an update.  Here's what happened:

1.  I restarted CS4, opened a file (#1), printed it. No problem.
2.  I opened another file (#2 )and tried to print, no printer found.
3.  Closed all files, opened the last one again (#2,) still no printer found.
4.  Close all files, opened the first one (#1) that I sucessfully printed and printed it, even resized to 60%, no problems.
5.  Close all files, open #3 and even though the CS4 print dialogue shows it ready to print, when the XP print window pops up, the z3100 is there, but I can't select it.
6.  Close all files, open #1 again and this time no printer found.
7. Close CS4 and restart, open #3, set prefs, print again with no problem.

Not sure if this is qualifies as a pattern....

the ridge runner

Photoshop CS4 and Z3100
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 08:48:57 am »

Final update on my situation.  I never figured out what was going on with my XP Pro installation, never got the printer driver functioning as it should in Photoshop CS4 or CS3.  I have ended up installing Windows 7  64-bit and everything is working fine.  I did, however, have to use the Vista 64-bit driver since HP is slacking by not issuing a Win7 driver.  After a couple of reboots of both the computer and printer, everything seems to be working fine.  Print preview works, and synchronizing paper presets works.  I haven't tested it extensively, but at least it now seems to be working as it should.

I did, for whatever reason, have to find the ICC paper profiles in the HP installation folder and  install most them manually in the Win color center.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions.

Ed

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Photoshop CS4 and Z3100
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 09:04:44 am »

You're welcome

the ridge runner

Photoshop CS4 and Z3100
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 06:14:33 pm »

I thought I would give another update.  My Windows 7 installation has been a dream.  Until today, or at least I thought.  I opened some files that I had problems printing with my old XP Pro CS4 combination.  All of a sudden, photoshop could not find a printer.  So, I did the panic thing and started uninstalling drivers, restoring the system to an earlier time, un- and re-installing the printer, etc, etc.  CS4 would still not find a printer when I tried to print that particular file.

So, I tried another file and it printed perfectly, and I could print from my other computer on the network.  So, I went back and opened more of the .psd files that I had created with my old XP system.  No printer could be found for them!  So, there is something wrong with those files.  

Geez this has been quite a roller coaster ride, but at least now I think everything is working as long as I don't try to print .psd files created in the old OS.

Ed
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up