Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fuji 680 with kodak back? impressions?  (Read 2906 times)

adam tracksler

fuji 680 with kodak back? impressions?
« on: December 30, 2009, 07:36:10 am »

any one use/used the 680 with the kodak dcs pro back? reflections/ comments?

ixpressraf

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 03:57:44 pm »

Fuji GX lenses are about the worst lenses on earth for use with a digital back. Buty you can use digitars on a lensplate.

tbosley

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 06:54:41 pm »

I can not afford the latest and greatest digital backs, but I have always been impressed with the Kodak DCS Pro cameras dispite a number of "cons" against it.

It does great with skin tone once you tune down the magenta, and white balance could not be easier.
Funny that the camera back is one of the oldest I have, yet it is the only one that is sync'd to the on/off switch of the body.

Looks like you would be having an substantial crop factor to deal with on 6x8.  You are using the center of the lens for sure.  Saw previous comment and maybe its the tilts and swings of the Fuji that
cause issues when using a kodak?  

Also I've seen an listing that some mods are required to get the Fuji to sync with some digital backs if you do not have third party (Kapture Group) connectors.

pchong

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 03:40:49 am »

Can you please elaborate why the Fuji lenses are bad for digital?

Quote from: adam tracksler
any one use/used the 680 with the kodak dcs pro back? reflections/ comments?

ixpressraf

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 12:46:36 pm »

I and some friends of mine have been using a GX680 for digital. Works fine with a 6 Mp back and also with the Scanning back. However anything up from 16Mp is useless. Tried with al kinds of backs, same result NO GOOD. I simply adapted some TC lenses on a small lensplate and these do a wonderfull job. But the Fuji lenses are not the best to use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up