Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flash Web Gallery Images Darker than they should be  (Read 1821 times)

Hoang

• http://www.hxpham.com
Flash Web Gallery Images Darker than they should be
« on: December 29, 2009, 07:02:45 pm »

Hi, I'm having an issue with the web flash gallery export images being darker than how they should be.

The web html gallery export images look fine, as do regular image exports and in LR/PS. It is only when I do a flash gallery export that the images look off... no matter if it is AutoViewer, PostcardViewer, SimpleViewer, or Lightroom Flash Gallery. How can I fix this issue? I've already tried exporting the images to sRGB JPGs before running the Web gallery module on them and the issue still occurs. Oddly, the previews in LR3 for the Flash galleries look fine, until I preview them in my browser or export them and load them up in my browser. I do have color management enabled in my browser. The same issue is also seen in Internet Explorer.

Here's an image, HTML/correct version on the left and Flash version on the right...
I loaded an HTML and Flash gallery side by side in Firefox, screen captured them both, then cropped them together in Photoshop to rule out any optical illusions from the backgrounds.

Edit: It looks like the actual processed images in the images folder look fine in PS and in my browser; it is only when they are displayed by the Flash app that they appear darker.

Edit: question was answered elsewhere... it has to do with sRGB's tone curve differing from the gamma 2.2 curve in the shadows and the fact that Flash isn't color managed
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 10:11:29 pm by Hoang »
Pages: [1]   Go Up