Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lighting and Retouching tutorials...  (Read 1818 times)

sid_v

Lighting and Retouching tutorials...
« on: December 29, 2009, 01:20:37 pm »

hello all,

i've been an old user on many photography and retouching forums(like this one for example) and being a silent learner, i never participated  in discussions....but read them (mainly in the early years).

Anyway....i've been creating tutorials for workshops i plan to take on photography and retouching, and i feel the need to share them in some sites which helped develop me in those early days.

There are few basic tutorials online right now.....and more advanced ones coming every alternate day from now. Yes, they are for free, but...only for learning....please do not use them elsewhere.

Site: www.lidophotography.com

Hit the blog button there...

Regards,
Sid.

lluis

• http://
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 01:29:24 pm »

Quote from: sid_v
hello all,

i've been an old user on many photography and retouching forums(like this one for example) and being a silent learner, i never participated  in discussions....but read them (mainly in the early years).

Anyway....i've been creating tutorials for workshops i plan to take on photography and retouching, and i feel the need to share them in some sites which helped develop me in those early days.

There are few basic tutorials online right now.....and more advanced ones coming every alternate day from now. Yes, they are for free, but...only for learning....please do not use them elsewhere.

Site: www.lidophotography.com

Hit the blog button there...

Regards,
Sid.

I've taken a look to your tutorials page and I find very interesting and well explained. There are some tecniques I didn't know. Very useful!
One more thing. Dou you know why blending mode "overlay" pushes contrast. At least I can't find a correlation between the name and the outcome. This blending mode was intended for that?

Thanks!

Lluis

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 01:47:20 pm »

Quote from: lluis
Do you know why blending mode "overlay" pushes contrast.

Yep, Overlay is a procedural blend of Screen (lightens) above level 128 and Multiply (darkens) below level 128...so the lights get lighter and the darks get darker-hence the increase in contrast. Soft Light and Hard Light are variations of Overlay...
Pages: [1]   Go Up