Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help!! Disassembling Epson 1640XL Scanner  (Read 3985 times)

jmolaver

Help!! Disassembling Epson 1640XL Scanner
« on: December 28, 2009, 01:41:05 pm »

We've got an Epson Expression 1640XL scanner that we'd like to disassemble to clean because of a speck of dust on the image sensor.  

I've got the screws off the back, and the plastic carriage lock removed, but I am only able to lift the top casing very slightly (maybe 1 inch) on the back side of the scanner. There are two (of what look like) pressure clips on the right side of the scanner glass, and the rear-most one is released, but I cannot release the front one, nor figure out what else needs to be done to release the top casing.

I can take pics if it will help, but any tips would be appreciated!!  

jmolaver

Help!! Disassembling Epson 1640XL Scanner
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 01:55:44 pm »

In case anyone else runs into this there were two hidden screws toward the front of the scanner that I missed.  So here is the location of the top four screws to remove the scanner cover, there are two additional ones on the back plane of the scanner that are very obvious.

The two round plastic covers conceal the last two screws very well. After that the cover lifts right off, and there's about 10 more screws holding the glass tray down to the main chassis.  The glass will then lift right off on it's tray, allowing access to clean the glass and sensor.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:03:51 pm by jmolaver »

patcam

Re: Help!! Disassembling Epson 1640XL Scanner
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 04:54:11 pm »

Can you tell me how you take the plastic carriage screw out?
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up