Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1-5 browser thumbnails in random order.  (Read 3607 times)

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
C1-5 browser thumbnails in random order.
« on: December 27, 2009, 04:40:23 pm »

This is the most annoying of all the problems that I have encountered with Capture One 5 Pro.  The browser thumbnail images often appear in random order whether I select them by name or by date.  This may be true both in the Session Capture folder and in the underlying Library folder.  Needless to say, this makes browsing extremely difficult and renders the program virtually unusable.  I am using a Mac with OS 10.5.8

In perusing Capture One's own user forum, this seems to be a known issue.  Does anyone have any insight into it?  Obviously, if this problem cannot be rectified, I will not be purchasing the program when my trial period comes to an end, even though I really want to make it my RAW converter.

Rob

tho_mas

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 05:56:51 am »

Quote from: robgo2
This is the most annoying of all the problems that I have encountered with Capture One 5 Pro.  The browser thumbnail images often appear in random order whether I select them by name or by date.  This may be true both in the Session Capture folder and in the underlying Library folder.  Needless to say, this makes browsing extremely difficult and renders the program virtually unusable.  I am using a Mac with OS 10.5.8

In perusing Capture One's own user forum, this seems to be a known issue.  Does anyone have any insight into it?  Obviously, if this problem cannot be rectified, I will not be purchasing the program when my trial period comes to an end, even though I really want to make it my RAW converter.

Rob
you have to set the respective folder as "favorite" folder. Then the sort by order will be saved.

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 11:09:51 am »

Quote from: tho_mas
you have to set the respective folder as "favorite" folder. Then the sort by order will be saved.

The problem has occurred even with "Favorite" folders.  In point of fact, this problem has occurred repeatedly only with one of my Sessions.  Even if I remove the Session and re-import the image files, I get the same result.  In all of my other sessions, this does not occur, and I have the images in the "Capture" folders.  I think there may a be problem with the metadata from that one group.  Just speculating, but I think this may be a bug in the C1-5 program.  Lightroom, incidently, does not mess up those particular files.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up