Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help deciding on a battery powered strobe kit  (Read 1740 times)

alban

Help deciding on a battery powered strobe kit
« on: December 24, 2009, 10:42:21 am »

I am planing on purchasing a battery powered kit but I find it hard to decide on one.What I am looking for is a 1200 w/s 2 head system ,asymetrical,built in slaves,decent power and if possible compact. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

pcunite

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 11:05:07 am »

Quote from: alban
I am planing on purchasing a battery powered kit but I find it hard to decide on one.What I am looking for is a 1200 w/s 2 head system ,asymetrical,built in slaves,decent power and if possible compact. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

That kind of power on battery I assume you just need to find the head you want and get this or something similar.
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_p...d=7-10043-10273

alban

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 12:43:46 pm »

Quote from: pcunite
That kind of power on battery I assume you just need to find the head you want and get this or something similar.
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_p...d=7-10043-10273

How is the power output controlled on this unit ?

kirktuck

• http://www.kirktuck.com
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 01:04:19 pm »

I own both a Profoto 600b system (600 ws+ battery) and an Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed A/S  (1100 watt second system with the capability of using two heads in an asymmetrical arrangement.).  I love them both but the Elinchrom Ranger is the hands down winner in every category except weight.  The battery seems go on forever and the UI is easy and straightforward.

I've given up on battery+inverter solutions.  Not elegant enough.  I can use both my systems in the studio and in corporate locations without having it look too "Rube Goldberg".

I know that the Hensel Porty is a good choice as well

alban

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 01:17:26 pm »

Quote from: kirktuck
I own both a Profoto 600b system (600 ws+ battery) and an Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed A/S  (1100 watt second system with the capability of using two heads in an asymmetrical arrangement.).  I love them both but the Elinchrom Ranger is the hands down winner in every category except weight.  The battery seems go on forever and the UI is easy and straightforward.

I've given up on battery+inverter solutions.  Not elegant enough.  I can use both my systems in the studio and in corporate locations without having it look too "Rube Goldberg".

I know that the Hensel Porty is a good choice as well

I am looking into the Porty Lithium but I have to say that it is a bit much when it comes to price.I mean the second head when you buy the kit doesn't even come with a reflector.
Pages: [1]   Go Up