Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Release of Phocus 2.0 for Windows  (Read 2460 times)

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
Release of Phocus 2.0 for Windows
« on: December 23, 2009, 10:19:07 am »

We are pleased to announce that Phocus version 2.0 for the Windows platform has been released.

Phocus 2.0 Highlights

Highlight recovery, shadow fill & clarity sliders
Loupe function via Navigator
End point control in Histogram
F-stop marks shown on histogram
Floating tools
Scene calibration
Customization options via Layouts & Layout Triggers
Lens correction available for all V-camera Carl Zeiss lenses
Support for live video on H3DII-50*

* Requires new sensor unit firmware available for download here: Version (R344)

For a full overview of the many new features, please follow this link: Phocus 2.0 News

To download Phocus directly from this message, click this link: Phocus 2.0 for Windows

Happy Holidays!

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

gdwhalen

• http://www.gdwhalen.com
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 07:24:57 pm »

I've been using my Phocus 2 for about 10 days now and find it to be a perfect process with my Hasselblad lenses.  I know Hasselblad took some flak for it's proprietary strategy of keeping everything in house but this program is every bit as useful to me as Lightroom or C1 and I've used both of those programs extensively for years.  Phocus can do anything I need done to an image except for fine adjustments.  It is amazing and a very intuitive program to use.

Rasmus Degnbol

• http://www.rasmusdegnbol.com
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 12:22:58 pm »

Quote from: gdwhalen
I've been using my Phocus 2 for about 10 days now and find it to be a perfect process with my Hasselblad lenses.  I know Hasselblad took some flak for it's proprietary strategy of keeping everything in house but this program is every bit as useful to me as Lightroom or C1 and I've used both of those programs extensively for years.  Phocus can do anything I need done to an image except for fine adjustments.  It is amazing and a very intuitive program to use.

I second that 2.0 is the bomb ) Performance seems much much smoother, and the new features are warmly welcome! )
Rasmus Degnbol
www.rasmusdegnbol.com

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 01:32:52 pm »

Quote from: gdwhalen
Phocus is an integral part of the Hasselblad camera system, and is very good argument for buying Hasselblad, especially for textiles (moiré) or landscapes (where the shadow and recovery sliders can be very useful).

It always seems illogical to me to compare cameras without use the camera's software.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

Wim van Velzen

• http://www.fotografiewimvanvelzen.nl
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 07:18:25 am »

I have been using Phocus 2.0 yesterday for a large number of shots (well, about 500 landscape photos from last week´s holiday) and it is really very, very good! Love the lay out flexability; the new recovery / shadow detail / clarity seem to be better than in ACR (but that is comparing to DSLR files, which might be the cause).
I don't have a signature.

gdwhalen

• http://www.gdwhalen.com
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 07:46:50 am »

Quote from: Wim van Velzen
I have been using Phocus 2.0 yesterday for a large number of shots (well, about 500 landscape photos from last week´s holiday) and it is really very, very good! Love the lay out flexability; the new recovery / shadow detail / clarity seem to be better than in ACR (but that is comparing to DSLR files, which might be the cause).

Hasselblad did nail this.  I shot tethered yesterday and everything worked great.  Seems like things are really rounding into place.  Can't wait to trade in for my H4d!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up