Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing Spyder3  (Read 1923 times)

msbc

Replacing Spyder3
« on: December 22, 2009, 08:27:50 pm »

I recently dropped and broke my Spyder3Elite so, I'm looking for a replacement monitor calibrator/profiler.

I could just get a new Spyder3 but I have seen some posts on the lack of accuracy for this device. Maybe the ColorMunki would produce better monitor profiles?

Adding to the mix, I own both ColorEyes DisplayPro and basICColor Display, neither of which support the Munki so I'd have to rely on the included software.

I have a wide gamut display - Dell 3008WFP.

Which combination would give the most accurate monitor profiles:
1. Spyder3 + ColorEyes
2. ColorMunki with included software
3. another device?

MacPro 10.6.2

Mark
Mark Connell
Melbourne, Australia

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Replacing Spyder3
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 08:43:31 pm »

Quote from: msbc
Adding to the mix, I own both ColorEyes DisplayPro and basICColor Display, neither of which support the Munki so I'd have to rely on the included software.

I’d write them and ask them if and when they will support the Munki. Isn’t rocket science (NEC did this for their display software like a year ago). Assuming they honestly answer you and the answer is yes, I’d go Munki because its going to be great for making print profiles, profiling projectors if you wish, measuring ambient light which is damn useful and will handle all nature of weird display backlighting and a wide gamut display like you have.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

msbc

Replacing Spyder3
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 07:17:26 pm »

Quote from: digitaldog
I’d write them and ask them if and when they will support the Munki. Isn’t rocket science (NEC did this for their display software like a year ago). Assuming they honestly answer you and the answer is yes, I’d go Munki because its going to be great for making print profiles, profiling projectors if you wish, measuring ambient light which is damn useful and will handle all nature of weird display backlighting and a wide gamut display like you have.

Andrew,

I've posted twice now to the IC forums but my request is being ignored - Support for ColorMunki

I did get a response from basICColor but it's not that encouraging - "currently we do not support this device. But maybe and with a lot of luck we will support it in the first quarter of the next year."

So, I'd still like some feedback on the quality of profiles from the ColorMunki software compared with a Spyder3+CED.

Mark
Mark Connell
Melbourne, Australia
Pages: [1]   Go Up