Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7900/9900 and Canvas Length issue  (Read 1079 times)

ghaynes754

7900/9900 and Canvas Length issue
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:46:48 pm »

I've seen a number of posts about Canvas not printing to length on the 7900/9900.  Example -

Paper size = 17.22 W x 24 L
Image size =  17.34 W x 24.1 L  (both per Epson tech call)

Media = Epson Canvas Satin 17"  Print settings for 9900 standard Epson ICC says to use paper type Watercolor Paper - Radiant White

Result -  17W x 23 3/4 L  (6mm to short)

Obviously a problem when you go to put the canvas on a stretcher bars.

I've seen suggestions on adjusting the Paper Feed Adjustment setting on the Advanced Media Control section.  Some say about +50%.

Also wonder if the paper type isn't somehow involved.  Maybe different thickness causes a measurement error.

Don't buy into the Canvas shrinks with ink theory.  It would shrink in all directions, not just length....

So for those of you who have been down this route what solutions have you come up with?

I have a call into Epson, and while they are doing some research for a problem that the original tech says they haven't heard of, thought I would tap the brain power of this group.

Thanks

Gary

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
7900/9900 and Canvas Length issue
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 06:35:57 pm »

To get an exact size, for each 10 inches of image length I print my canvases 1.2 sixteenths of an inch bigger in the length dimension.  So what if it gets a little bigger in the other dimension, I could care less.  Comes out just right in length on my panos.  As you mention there are more technical ways of dealing with this, but I'm too lazy for that stuff.

Canvas only "shrinks" on the length. it's a fact.  It's because of the weave being biased to make it roll easily.
Pages: [1]   Go Up