Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Are nudes landscapes?  (Read 14746 times)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 09:14:07 am »

Quote from: Rob C
But sir, I agree with you 100% which is why I am growing the tiny tail in my own endeavour to save the planet and avoid waste of resources! It's the same with washing the hair: think of the dangers of having my few stray strands slipping slowly down the drain, potential cloggers of the entire domestic system! Time and motion study, of course, is wholly on your side and on mine too, and what others see as sloven I am pleased to consider as frugal, careful and an altogether selfless gesture to the greater benefit of mankind. Think of the danger to salmon of too much detergent mixing with the waters of river and sea, not that there are any rivers on Mallorca, but the intentions are good. Which leads me directly to considering the relative merits of a small car engine labouring hard to mount an incline as compared with a larger one doing the same gradient on tick-over... where the greater menace to the balance of nature?

Rob C
Rob and Ray,

I must remind you that there is a cost associated with the desire of us Old Geezers to Save the Planet: we must make sure to avoid getting on the wrong side of a camera or we might cause uncontrollable chaos, even if we are nude.

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 09:38:39 am »

Quote from: Robert Roaldi
I know this isn't the critique forum, but does anyone else feel that this panorama was over-Photoshopped?  

Oh no; lots of people like men like that.

Rob C

Rob C

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 09:48:18 am »

Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes
Rob and Ray,

I must remind you that there is a cost associated with the desire of us Old Geezers to Save the Planet: we must make sure to avoid getting on the wrong side of a camera or we might cause uncontrollable chaos, even if we are nude.

Eric

Ambiguous post: first you have to state which side of the camera is the wrong one! Or is the ambiguity part of the Chaos Theory you are touching upon? I have a pair of self-portraits, both with camera in shot, obviously, one with my first Exakta and the other a later F2. The funny thing is, in both of them, though divided by much time and ravages of same, the self-conscious posturing appears to be appreciably the same. Odd, and possibly proving that some things are not learned through experience, of itself a damning lesson.

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 09:53:25 am »

... we must make sure to avoid getting on the wrong side of a camera or we might cause uncontrollable chaos, even if we are nude...
Especially if we are nude.

Ray

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 03:29:42 am »

Let me clarify the situation.

The nudes in the foreground were transexual or transgender persons I photographed in Bangla Road, Patong, Pucket Thailand.

They've been copied and pasted into the foreground of the Himalayan scene in order to add interest to the foregound.

If I'd wanted such transexuals to accompany me to Nepal, I suspect it may have been possible. But I doubt their eagerness to get up at 4am to trek to the hill top before dawn.

Photoshop makes it so much easier, don't you think?  

Rob C

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 05:07:16 am »

There's an old saying in Scotland, which I'm sure stamper will confirm, that goes: suck it and see. Whether this applies to the early morning in Nepal parts of this thread is best left to the gentle readers in Scotland to determine. However, given the extreme cold there just now, I doubt many will have thawed out sufficiently to care. It's a tough world out there.

It's a tough one out here, too. Having pursued and discarded the thoughts of a rebuild/respray, I'd been toying with the idea of changing my rust heap for something new. At the moment, the Spanish system offers 2000€ against a new set of wheels if you want to trade in a scrapper over ten years old, something similar to the US system, I believe. Anyway, I battle the twin prongs of a low and fluctuating exchange rate for the UK pound against the duration of the 2000€ bribe. I was in the local Ford dealership yesterday having another look at a car I'd tested a couple of days ago, and the conversation got around to the price and the bribe. Turns out it consists of 1000€ from Ford, 500€ from the Spanish central govt. and 500€ from the local Balearic govt. Only the local govt. decided to halt its contribution at the end of the past year and Ford has put its prices up by around 200€ making that small car now 700€ more expensive overnight. Fark.

I'm sure there's another old Scottish saying about stikes and hot irons.

Rob C

Ray

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 08:38:21 am »

There's an old saying in Scotland, which I'm sure stamper will confirm, that goes: suck it and see. Whether this applies to the early morning in Nepal parts of this thread is best left to the gentle readers in Scotland to determine. However, given the extreme cold there just now, I doubt many will have thawed out sufficiently to care. It's a tough world out there.

It's a tough one out here, too. Having pursued and discarded the thoughts of a rebuild/respray, I'd been toying with the idea of changing my rust heap for something new. At the moment, the Spanish system offers 2000€ against a new set of wheels if you want to trade in a scrapper over ten years old, something similar to the US system, I believe. Anyway, I battle the twin prongs of a low and fluctuating exchange rate for the UK pound against the duration of the 2000€ bribe. I was in the local Ford dealership yesterday having another look at a car I'd tested a couple of days ago, and the conversation got around to the price and the bribe. Turns out it consists of 1000€ from Ford, 500€ from the Spanish central govt. and 500€ from the local Balearic govt. Only the local govt. decided to halt its contribution at the end of the past year and Ford has put its prices up by around 200€ making that small car now 700€ more expensive overnight. Fark.

I'm sure there's another old Scottish saying about stikes and hot irons.

Rob C

Rob,
You should try to confine yourself to the topic. Straying off the topic is fine as long as it's loosely related to the subject. You seem to be straying off the topic too far. I can't see a connection.

Eric Myrvaagnes

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 10:13:41 am »

Quote from: Ray
Rob,
You should try to confine yourself to the topic. Straying off the topic is fine as long as it's loosely related to the subject. You seem to be straying off the topic too far. I can't see a connection.

I can only conclude that either

(1) His old car is a nude, or (2) his old car is a landscape.   

Rob C

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 03:31:15 pm »

Well, it is called Rusty, so at least it's organic and quite likely to be part of the landscape quite soon! Not exactly car-in-American-deserts landscape, but close enough if you are willing to stretch a point...

I shall take a landscape photograph of it. There - snap - right back on topic.

;-)

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 03:41:58 pm »

Well, it is called Rusty, so at least it's organic and quite likely to be part of the landscape quite soon! Not exactly car-in-American-deserts landscape, but close enough if you are willing to stretch a point...

I shall take a landscape photograph of it. There - snap - right back on topic.

;-)

Rob C
But is Rusty also nude, or have you clothed the private parts? An answer to that would directly relate to the OP's original question.   

Eric

Rob C

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 04:39:54 am »

But is Rusty also nude, or have you clothed the private parts? An answer to that would directly relate to the OP's original question.   

Eric

Well, Eric, I have done a little body painting here and there already; perchance that qualifies as enhanced nudity?

To diverge or even digress somewhat: it's darn cold here in Spain! If I were nude you wouldn't need a thermometer to guess it was cold. Thank goodness I have Rusty and no need for a bicycle!

Rob C

ashley

• http://www.ashleykaryl.com
Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2010, 12:13:37 pm »

I've shot quite a few nudes in landscape situations over the years but it's far too cold to even think about at the moment here in the UK. I wish I was somewhere much further south right now...
Ashley Karyl Photographer
[url=http://w

Ray

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 05:01:46 pm »

Quote from: ashley
I've shot quite a few nudes in landscape situations over the years but it's far too cold to even think about at the moment here in the UK. I wish I was somewhere much further south right now...

Nudes in the snow! Lovely! Nothing salacious about the pure, driven snow!  
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:02:31 pm by Ray »

Rob C

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 04:20:47 am »

Quote from: Ray
Nudes in the snow! Lovely! Nothing salacious about the pure, driven snow!  

But can you find insurance cover against bits freezing and cracking off?

Rob C

Ray

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 09:22:07 pm »

But can you find insurance cover against bits freezing and cracking off?

Rob C

Now be sensible, Rob. One can do a rehearsal for the shoot with the lady wearing warm clothing which is easy and quick to remove; fur boots and fur coat perhaps.

After everyone concerned is clear as to what's required, the lady can do a quick strip and spend, say, just one minute fully nude in the snow. With a digital camera one can take a lot of photos in one minute.

Now that can't be hard, can it?

I should add, that brief exposures to very cold conditions can be invigorating and healthy. It apparently provides a boost to the immune system. In fact insurance premiums could be reduced as a result of the health benifits of frolicking in the snow.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:28:52 pm by Ray »

Rob C

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 04:29:25 am »

[quote name='Ray' date='Jan 12 2010, 03:22 AM' post='339368']

"Now be sensible, Rob. One can do a rehearsal for the shoot with the lady wearing warm clothing which is easy and quick to remove; fur boots and fur coat perhaps."

Which was done by Snowdon for Unipart in Russia.

"After everyone concerned is clear as to what's required, the lady can do a quick strip and spend, say, just one minute fully nude in the snow. With a digital camera one can take a lot of photos in one minute."

Not a lot of fun being a one-minute man...

"Now that can't be hard, can it?"

In the snow? What alternative other than total recall and subsequent recourse to a winkle picker?

"I should add, that brief exposures to very cold conditions can be invigorating and healthy. It apparently provides a boost to the immune system. In fact insurance premiums could be reduced as a result of the health benifits of frolicking in the snow."

I should imagine premiums would be removed entirely - who's going to pay when they are dead?

Which reminds me of an item on the news this morning - a 66-year-old guy in Canada got himself killed by his pet tiger.

Rob C

framah

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 04:51:38 pm »

Ray... great shot of you and the tigers!!

...could it be that you misunderstood what the monks said??  I think they said.. Get down off there, you old goat!!    These things can get lost in translation, don'cha know!

Now... Just where was this place where you can sit with tigers?? I want to do that, also.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Ray

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 05:50:11 pm »

Quote from: framah
Ray... great shot of you and the tigers!!

...could it be that you misunderstood what the monks said??  I think they said.. Get down off there, you old goat!!    These things can get lost in translation, don'cha know!

Now... Just where was this place where you can sit with tigers?? I want to do that, also.

Ha! Ha!. Could be, but I think generally Thai people are too respectful to their elders to use such language   .

The location is a temple near Kanchanaburi, Thailand, which is also the location of the WWII "Bridge over the River Kwai" POW drama. I would recommend visting the place at the end of the monsoon period, say November/December when it's cooler and not so crowded. The second time I visited the place was in April. It was very hot, very crowded, and I didn't enjoy the experience as much. When it's quieter, you're allowed greater freedom to wander around in the tiger enclosure taking photos. When it's crowded, there's a certain tension in the air. There are too many tourists to keep an eye upon, and of course, one tourist eaten puts an end to the whole show.

framah

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 05:54:38 pm »

Thanks ray for the info. I'm going to do a google search and bookmark it for a future trip.

"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Ray

Are nudes landscapes?
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2010, 05:56:06 pm »

I should imagine premiums would be removed entirely - who's going to pay when they are dead?

Nonsense! Don't know what the world is coming too. You pony-tailed youngsters seem much too accustomed to the soft life for your own good.  

It's well-known that brief exposures to freezing temperatures increase the levels of monocytes and lymphocytes in the immune system, which ward off any potential infection. The principle is, as the body experiences a shock of cold, the immune system springs into action thinking there's something to fight.

There are many old people who keep amazingly fit by taking a swim in cold water during the winter. I'm sure a voluptuous, nude lady could not be harmed by a minute or two's frolic in the snow. If one or two minutes is not long enough for the photographer, then the lady can take a break and get back into her fur coat to warm up. No need to create problems where none exist.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up