Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Layers in CS4 a beginners question  (Read 1484 times)

sanfairyanne

Layers in CS4 a beginners question
« on: December 21, 2009, 02:28:45 pm »

I'm just going through a Photoshop tutorial and I've reached the Layers chapter and things have skipped ahead of me somewhat.

The tutorial has exercise files which open up from Bridge to Photoshop so you can follow along with the movie clips. When I follow the tutorial everything works great. However I decided to play around with some images of my own so I put my camera on a tripod and took three pictures, on each picture I moved a glass vase starting left to middle to right.
Then once these were in Bridge I went to TOOLS - PHOTOSHOP then LOAD FILES INTO PHOTOSHOP LAYERS, they open up in the layers palette.

Now my question is how do I manipulate the layers so it appears I have three vases?

I"m sure I"m asking a very simple question but I've been playing around all evening trying to fathom it out. I thought I could get a tool and brush over the image to reveal the vases in the lower layers.

Help would be much appreciated.

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
Layers in CS4 a beginners question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:24:58 pm »

Quote from: sanfairyanne
I'm just going through a Photoshop tutorial and I've reached the Layers chapter and things have skipped ahead of me somewhat.

The tutorial has exercise files which open up from Bridge to Photoshop so you can follow along with the movie clips. When I follow the tutorial everything works great. However I decided to play around with some images of my own so I put my camera on a tripod and took three pictures, on each picture I moved a glass vase starting left to middle to right.
Then once these were in Bridge I went to TOOLS - PHOTOSHOP then LOAD FILES INTO PHOTOSHOP LAYERS, they open up in the layers palette.

Now my question is how do I manipulate the layers so it appears I have three vases?

I"m sure I"m asking a very simple question but I've been playing around all evening trying to fathom it out. I thought I could get a tool and brush over the image to reveal the vases in the lower layers.

Help would be much appreciated.

You should have three layers.  You can see the top layer.  you need to add masks to the top two layers, fill the masks with black so that they are transparent.  Then, with a brush, paint-in white onto the location in the layers where the vases are sitting to allow them to show.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer
Pages: [1]   Go Up