Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak Pro back question  (Read 1173 times)

Ed Jack

Kodak Pro back question
« on: December 21, 2009, 11:28:17 am »

I am still getting used to my Pro back 645M. Is it normal to have to press Ok after every exposure before being allowed to shoot the next one ? After every exposure it says "CAP db" in the VF and on the LCD top panel for about 3 seconds, I presume it just says this to signify it is writting to the CF card ? I have tried this with 2 differnet  2GB CF card (One lexar and the other San Disk) and each card does this. I just wondered if there was a setting to make the pressing of the Ok button after ever expsure unnecessary, such that you can shoot continuously - al-be-it a one frame very 2-3 seconds ?

I am still pleased with my purchase, a nice file for one thousand and five hundred bucks.

Ed

gratefull for any other hints on using this back, at least this thread isn't arguing pointlessly about 35mm Vs MFDB!

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Kodak Pro back question
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 05:24:05 pm »

It is not normal to have to press the OK button after each exposure.

Try using MicroDrives instead of CF.  When I had the 645M years ago, I found that the back "liked" using microsdrives better than CF cards.  Apparently the DCS Proback was designed around the MD, even though it can take CF cards.  I believe you may be limited to the size of MD that you can use....

Get a copy of the Kodak "Custom Looks" add-on software/module -----simply excellent---similar to what C1Pro is just now doing with its "Styles" profiles, only Kodak figured that part of the workflow years ago!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 05:24:47 pm by kdphotography »

ddk

• http://www.pbase.com/ddk
Kodak Pro back question
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 10:45:14 pm »

Quote from: Ed Jack
I am still getting used to my Pro back 645M. Is it normal to have to press Ok after every exposure before being allowed to shoot the next one ? After every exposure it says "CAP db" in the VF and on the LCD top panel for about 3 seconds, I presume it just says this to signify it is writting to the CF card ? I have tried this with 2 differnet  2GB CF card (One lexar and the other San Disk) and each card does this. I just wondered if there was a setting to make the pressing of the Ok button after ever expsure unnecessary, such that you can shoot continuously - al-be-it a one frame very 2-3 seconds ?

I am still pleased with my purchase, a nice file for one thousand and five hundred bucks.

Ed

gratefull for any other hints on using this back, at least this thread isn't arguing pointlessly about 35mm Vs MFDB!

I have a couple of 645Cs and I've never seen the problem that you mention, you could always have your back checked out by Midwest Camera.
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk
Pages: [1]   Go Up