Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eye One Display 2 vs. Eye One Display Lite  (Read 4438 times)

jayz

Eye One Display 2 vs. Eye One Display Lite
« on: December 20, 2009, 11:11:09 pm »

i left my calibrator that came with the Eye One Display 2 at a hotel on my last trip.  Anyone know if you can obtain the calibrator unit separately? If not can i buy the cheaper Eye One Display lite?  Is the software the only difference between the two?  Are the calibrators that come with them identical?  I really don't want to spend the full amount to replace my eye one display2 unit.  

Anyone heard of rumours of a replacement?  I don't want to spend money if a replacement is on the way anyway.  Looking at the xrite site for their support I found the following info that seems to suggest a replacement unit comng:

Updated i1 small test chart profiling algorithm.

Known issues —

This release of i1Match is currently not able to create correct large ICC4 monitor profiles on the new Intel Macs. It is recommended to create only default monitor profiles on the Intel Macs until a new version of i1Match will be released.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:10:38 am »

Hardware is identical.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Pat Herold

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 04:31:51 pm »

As I understand it, the hardware acts as a sort of "dongle" that will only allow certain portions of the software to be unlocked.  So with a LT version you may be limited to a gamma of 2.2, a white point limited to 5000, 6500 or 7500, and calibration of only one monitor, no ambient measurement, etc.
-Patrick Herold
  Tech Support,  chromix.com

jayz

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 07:42:53 pm »

Quote from: pherold
As I understand it, the hardware acts as a sort of "dongle" that will only allow certain portions of the software to be unlocked.  So with a LT version you may be limited to a gamma of 2.2, a white point limited to 5000, 6500 or 7500, and calibration of only one monitor, no ambient measurement, etc.
If i already have the software for the iOne display 2, can I just use the hardware with my existing sofware?

Pat Herold

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 09:09:29 pm »

Yes, you can certainly use your existing software.  But i1match is perhaps a little different from other software that you're used to, in that it is freely available and downloadable from the X-Rite website.  However, its functionality is limited by what devices plug into it, so an i1D2 "LT" running on your existing software may not give you all the options that you used to have running that same software.
-Patrick Herold
  Tech Support,  chromix.com

jayz

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 11:51:38 pm »

Quote from: pherold
Yes, you can certainly use your existing software.  But i1match is perhaps a little different from other software that you're used to, in that it is freely available and downloadable from the X-Rite website.  However, its functionality is limited by what devices plug into it, so an i1D2 "LT" running on your existing software may not give you all the options that you used to have running that same software.
Thanks Patrick.  I guess I'll just wait until after February when Photokina or whatever the feb photo expo event is, to see if x-rite announces a replacement to the iOne Display 2. the note regarding Snow Leopard kind of hints at a replacement. I really don't want to pay twice for the same unit, especially since there are supposed to be some issues with its compatibility with snow leopard and may be replaced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up