Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 and Epson Exhibition Fiber  (Read 2045 times)

chez

Z3100 and Epson Exhibition Fiber
« on: December 20, 2009, 05:17:10 pm »

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the roller marks off of Epson Exhibition Fiber and my Z3100 printer. I've read the posts here, tried all their suggestions, some improvement, but when looking at some B&W prints that have a large section of very dark sky, I still see these roller marks. Suggestions, ideas etc... from anyone would be very much appreciated.

I know there was an upgrade to the rollers. Would getting this upgrade help with these roller marks on EEF paper? Has anyone made this upgrade and seen this problem go away.

I really like both the feel and the finish of EEF, but the roller marks are a killer for me.

Thanks ahead of time for peoples suggestions.

Harry

Fastfocus

• http://www.garygoldbergphoto.com/blog/
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 09:03:00 pm »

Make sure you have maximum detail, and more passes turned off (unchecked)!
If that's already done, than I would be clueless. I had problems printing on Ilford Gold Fiber Silk, which is almost exactly the same, and as soon as I turned those 2 check marks off, perfect prints every time.
Hope that it works.
Cheers
GG

Quote from: chez
I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the roller marks off of Epson Exhibition Fiber and my Z3100 printer. I've read the posts here, tried all their suggestions, some improvement, but when looking at some B&W prints that have a large section of very dark sky, I still see these roller marks. Suggestions, ideas etc... from anyone would be very much appreciated.

I know there was an upgrade to the rollers. Would getting this upgrade help with these roller marks on EEF paper? Has anyone made this upgrade and seen this problem go away.

I really like both the feel and the finish of EEF, but the roller marks are a killer for me.

Thanks ahead of time for peoples suggestions.

Harry
Gary Goldberg
 [url=http://www.garygoldbe

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 09:17:07 pm »

I have the new rollers etc. and did not have any problems - but will check again for dark even areas.

I found it one of the best papers I came across for BW

With Ilford Fibre Silk _ The GE did not work at all -as often is the case with thrid party papers. What i liked about that paper was the smell reminding me of the darkroom days...

Quote from: Fastfocus
 Have not tried that yet--will do
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:20:04 pm by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

chez

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 03:42:37 pm »

Quote from: Fastfocus
If that's already done, than I would be clueless. I had problems printing on Ilford Gold Fiber Silk, which is almost exactly the same, and as soon as I turned those 2 check marks off, perfect prints every time.
Hope that it works.
Cheers
GG

Thanks Gary. I'll give that a try later today. Will post results.

harry
Pages: [1]   Go Up