Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak DCS Medium Format  (Read 1534 times)

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
Kodak DCS Medium Format
« on: December 20, 2009, 08:25:44 am »

I would like to know how to check actuations on this back. When I owned a DCS 14 N it was a simple matter of looking under the proper menu. How is it done on their medium format back?
I was also wondering if it would be possible to do long exposures with a variable neutral density filter or would a 2 minute exposure have too much noise or other problems?
Mike

Carsten W

Kodak DCS Medium Format
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 08:35:56 am »

Quote from: Mike Sellers
I would like to know how to check actuations on this back. When I owned a DCS 14 N it was a simple matter of looking under the proper menu. How is it done on their medium format back?
I was also wondering if it would be possible to do long exposures with a variable neutral density filter or would a 2 minute exposure have too much noise or other problems?
Mike

I don't know for this back, but typically there is an EXIF or similar field somewhere in each file which records it. Do you have access to a (raw) file from the back?
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

tbosley

Kodak DCS Medium Format
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 11:16:07 am »

Can only assume you are speaking on the DCS Pro back variants...

Menu --> Properties --> Total Actuations

As far as long exposures?  I doubt you will have much success with anything longer than 2 secs with this generation sensor.  I recall Phase getting longer exposures using the Kodak chip, but nothing to compare to the latest generations.  

FWIW, few DSLRs can give you clean looong exposures that compare with your Kodak 14n/SLR.

good luck,
Pages: [1]   Go Up