Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magazine suggestions?  (Read 1884 times)

Roger Calixto

Magazine suggestions?
« on: December 18, 2009, 05:07:36 pm »

Hi all,

I've been an avid subscriber to the OP magazine now for a few years, and I love it. I find both the columns (go Lepp!) and the photographs inspiring and informational. The problem is I've moved to Germany and my OP subscription has become a frustration (oh look, something I used to see all the time that I can't photograph anymore!). I'm looking for something European (in English) that also focuses on photography, is well written and pushes the crap in crap out mentality for technique. I would hope it can suggest things like locations and trip tips too.

Anyone have a suggestion? I've checked out a couple UK magazines but none really hit it home for me.

Thanks!
--------------
If my day job wasn't so cool, I'd quit and be a photographer =)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Magazine suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 05:21:30 pm »

If by OP you meant Outdoor Photographer, then there is a UK magazine called, surprise, surprise, "Outdoor Photography". It is a bit UK-centered for their trips and maps, but still a good read.

http://www.thegmcgroup.com/item--Outdoor-P...hy--1006OP.html

Roger Calixto

Magazine suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 06:57:00 pm »

thanks =)

Thanks actually the only English photography magazine I've seen for sale here besides that one is digital photographer and black and white photographer. Neither of which is my king of magazine.
I picked up a copy today, they've said they're overhauling the magazine in the intro. We'll see how it goes over the next few issues. I wonder if there isn't something better though? It's not bad, it just didn't have that professional feel to it, like the american OP, last time I read it (end of last year).

and yeah, by OP I meant Outdoor Photographer, I guess I should have mentioned that =)

{}
KT
--------------
If my day job wasn't so cool, I'd quit and be a photographer =)

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
Magazine suggestions?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 12:01:37 am »

I personally think the British Outdoor Photography has more interesting and in-depth articles than the American OP. OP pretty much re-publishes the same seasonal how-to articles every year, just with different pictures to illustrate. And the reviews are pure fluff, sometimes I think they just reworded the press release. OP has some beautiful photography in it though, which is why I still get it (that and the fact it costs about 1/10th as much as the British mag). I do wish they feature more B/W work (besides the occasional article on how to convert images to B/W in Lightroom).
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww
Pages: [1]   Go Up