Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 maximum allowable print length PCL3  (Read 2778 times)

Rocco Penny

Z3100 maximum allowable print length PCL3
« on: December 18, 2009, 07:45:02 am »

What is the maximum allowable print size setting for the base model 24"Z3100+PCL3 combination?
I have successfully printed 93" images.
The latest firmware and driver are installed.
Qimage requires that I set the printer properties to the maximum allowable print size for my Z3100 24"(no aps/ps/GL2)
Obviously 24 inches in the short dimension.
What is the maximum allowable length for the media size setting?
I've read MANY different answers but IMOE I have a 93 inch panorama to disprove the 90.3 inch claim.
Does anyone have any real idea?
OK thank you
Rocco

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 08:22:52 am »

Quote from: Rocco Penny
What is the maximum allowable print size setting for the base model 24"Z3100+PCL3 combination?
I have successfully printed 93" images.
The latest firmware and driver are installed.
Qimage requires that I set the printer properties to the maximum allowable print size for my Z3100 24"(no aps/ps/GL2)
Obviously 24 inches in the short dimension.
What is the maximum allowable length for the media size setting?
I've read MANY different answers but IMOE I have a 93 inch panorama to disprove the 90.3 inch claim.
Does anyone have any real idea?
OK thank you
Rocco

It falls within the max 277 cm that I can print on the Z3100 PCL3 44" but I have no knowledge of the 24"model limitations.

Anyway, if you put in a waste sheet 24" wide and tell the driver it is a roll then go to Qimage and print that image at 93" long the printer will start the job and if it does it at the width you intended there's a good chance it will print that length. If it starts to print an 8" wide crop you will know it doesn't do the job. In both cases you press the cancel button on the printer to end the job before the sheet end is reached.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html

Rocco Penny

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:46:13 am »

of course thank you,
I went to the custom paper dimension making tool, and in the "custom length" column my question is answered:
3582.68 inches = 298ft+/-
Now how I got the idea that the driver won't successfully print out panoramas bigger than 90.3", or 103",or other guesses?!?,
is beyond me at the moment, so I'll be happy for the opportunity to reason this through,
thank you
Rocco
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 09:46:47 am by Rocco Penny »

dct123

• http://www.dctomick.com
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 09:49:41 am »

Open your "Printer Preferences" then click on the "Paper/Quality" tab, then the "Custom" button. The Maximum (and Minimum) Length for your particular printer should appear just below the "Length:" window.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 10:02:06 am »

of course thank you,
I went to the custom paper dimension making tool, and in the "custom length" column my question is answered:
3582.68 inches = 298ft+/-
Now how I got the idea that the driver won't successfully print out panoramas bigger than 90.3", or 103",or other guesses?!?,
is beyond me at the moment, so I'll be happy for the opportunity to reason this through,
thank you
Rocco

What the printer menus tell you isn't worth a dime. Nice if the printer is a PS model or has the optional HPGL-2 upgrade. Test it like I wrote and you get physical feedback whether it could do the job or not.

There have been numerous threads on the subject of the practical limits on Z model's print lengths and I got the impression from your first message that you did see them. Limits like 109" are real, enough owners that had the experience in practice.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Pages: [1]   Go Up