Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to deal with converging horizontal lines?  (Read 10538 times)

tesfoto

how to deal with converging horizontal lines?
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 02:24:06 pm »

Quote from: Roskav
I would roll the big ball to the left to balance it a bit more.  Also I like Liam's suggestion of making it more deliberate... sometimes more effective that trying to straighten everything....  Here are 2 shots from exactly the same point .. both using shift.  One to straighten the lines .. one to exaggerate the perspective.

We often discuss what can be made in photoshop versus perspective control lenses or cameras.

Original:

[attachment=18766:image_3.png]

Just for fun, I took the liberty of doing 1 minute photoshop on left image to have it match the right.

Remember this is a very strong perspective adjustment, and you will lose a lot of space (wide angle):

[attachment=18763:image_1.png]

Here it is in overlay mode with the original right image (corrected in camera):

[attachment=18764:image_2.png]

Cheers

T
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:28:58 pm by tesfoto »

JoeKitchen

how to deal with converging horizontal lines?
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 03:03:15 pm »

Also, it should be stated that when using the lens correction, PS assumes that the center of the images circle is in the center of the image.  If you did any shifting, this is not the case.  So I always make a new blank file of the same proportion but larger, then transpose the image into the blank new one, move the images within this so the center of the image circle is in the center of the new image, and then preform the lens correction and other stuff tesfoto listed.  

Also, I always tend to correct the perspective optically which gives the best results and use the above method just to make sure everything is straight and lined up.
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up