Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preview JPEGs in Leaf Capture?  (Read 1265 times)

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
Preview JPEGs in Leaf Capture?
« on: December 18, 2009, 02:02:24 am »

I've never fully understood how or why Leaf Capture creates the various small/medium/large preview jpegs. Sometimes it does; sometimes it doesn't.

For example, today I shot in three locations. LC made previews of one location, about half of the second and none of the third. Can someone explain how LC works in this department? As I was sitting here tonight looking at the images from my shoot, I could see that new preview jpegs were being added to the folder (and not from me converting them - this was happening without my intervention). Then the process stopped. Can someone explain how files are added to the LargeMonitorJPEGs folder?

John

ps: I looked in that folder, and I see that new jpegs are being added to this folder. I guess LC does this in the background. Is there a way to kickstart the process? Still wondering what's up...

Ben Peartree

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 04:20:06 am »

Yair might be able to step in and correct me if i'm steering you in the right direction but this is my understanding of it.

When the images are loaded into Leaf Capture, the camera will create a "Small Monitor JPEG" for each image for the preview. These are the thumbnail images that you see down the side of the main window and contact sheet.
These are also created when shooting to CF Card automatically.

When you use the larger 'viewing' window in the main portion of the screen, it will create the "Large Monitor JPEG". If you don't click on an image and view it at full screen, (13%, 25% etc) then it will not create the "Large Monitor JPEG".

Hope this makes sense and is of use!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:20:35 am by Ben Peartree »
--------------------
Ben Norton
London
Peartree (Leaf and Broncolor dealers)

Peartree Photo
Peartree Photo Online Shop

RichA@FotoCare

• http://fotocare.com
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 08:04:34 am »

That's it Ben.  If the jpgs ever get corrupt you can actually throw out the folder relaunch and they'll regenerate.  The jpgs are nice if you need to get one to a client right away.

Best,
Rich
Foto Care

Quote from: Ben Peartree
Yair might be able to step in and correct me if i'm steering you in the right direction but this is my understanding of it.

When the images are loaded into Leaf Capture, the camera will create a "Small Monitor JPEG" for each image for the preview. These are the thumbnail images that you see down the side of the main window and contact sheet.
These are also created when shooting to CF Card automatically.

When you use the larger 'viewing' window in the main portion of the screen, it will create the "Large Monitor JPEG". If you don't click on an image and view it at full screen, (13%, 25% etc) then it will not create the "Large Monitor JPEG".

Hope this makes sense and is of use!
Pages: [1]   Go Up