Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I integrate laptop edited files into workflow?  (Read 1367 times)

NigelC

How do I integrate laptop edited files into workflow?
« on: December 17, 2009, 06:46:20 pm »

May have a job in the new year which involves me being away from home all week and therefore away from the desktop I use for photo-editing (Vista 64 with ACD 23" and Epson 3800). I should have a fair amount of time in the evenings to work on files on a laptop ready for printing at the weekend. What I'm not sure of is whether the best way is to connect the Epson to the laptop, using the laptop screen profile. I would prefer to transfer files to my desktop and view on the larger screen, but (its late and my brain's not working too well!) I would think that they would look different on the ACD. How do people integrate using a laptop "in the field" with their main computer and printer

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
How do I integrate laptop edited files into workflow?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 07:26:55 pm »

It's not easy to do exacting image adjustment with a laptop display. For most of them, every time you change the angle between your eyes and the screen, the appearance of the image changes, and getting the angle right in the first place is tricky. even if you have a laptop display amenable to profiling. I simply don't trust it. I make the most obvious edits indicated by the histogram on the laptop, save the files, and then do all the real heavy-lifting back home where I have a set-up I trust.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up