Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5D2 and 580II  (Read 1401 times)

stever

5D2 and 580II
« on: December 16, 2009, 07:56:58 pm »

Intermittantly the 580 flash acts as if the 5D2 is a non-compatible camera and reverts to "TTL" and full power.  Some times turning on and off, going to flash mode on camera and back fixes it, sometimes not.  Really can't tell if it's a camera or flash problem.

Is there some setting in the camera or flash i've inadvertantly screwed up?  This is a new problem and i've used the flash on a couple other bodies and the 5D2 for some time without problem.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
5D2 and 580II
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 09:42:09 pm »

It's probably a loose connection between camera and flash. Check to make sure the contacts on the camera shoe and the flash foot are clean, and that the contact pins on the flash have good spring tension so that firmly contact the camera shoe. Also make sure you're tightening the ring on the flash foot so it is securely attached to the camera.

stever

5D2 and 580II
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 12:04:09 am »

yes, i think the problem is the alignment of the pin that extends (which i think is the "compatibility" pin).  althouth i like the sealing and simple clamp of the 580, it doesn't clamp as slolidly as the 550 and has some side-side movement
Pages: [1]   Go Up